Do you give your small children tea or soda?

I don't, only a sip every now and then but when I was at the doctors I saw this lady put rasberry tea in her 10 month olds bottle! She filled it up 3 times.....!

AshJoe05

Asked by AshJoe05 at 5:18 PM on Jan. 29, 2009 in Just for Fun

• no i wouldnt do that. i will give my 2 year old watered down tea or soda but as soon as he drinks it he has to brush his teeth. he only gets those every once in a while though
    Anonymous

• I would not do that. The sugar, the caffeine, and the staining are all cause for concern.
    imacafemom

Answer by imacafemom at 5:22 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• i let my girl have tea every once in a while, well actually more than i would like ( daddy thinks he's being nice) but i don't allow soda, there is good things in tea, that is in moderation. but there is absolutly nothing good in soda...i usually give her diluted flavored water, i'm sure the flavorings arn't too good either but it is diluted and at least she is drinking water :)
    setliff

Answer by setliff at 5:23 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• Oh my. That doesn't sound right, even if it was decaffeinated.
    Decaf tea might be OK, but I understand that even that has some caffeine in it.
    No, I never gave our children either tea or soda when they were little.
    My grandma, though gave us tea and toast for breakfast. The tea was very sweet, and she piled the butter on, and we dipped it in the sweet tea. What a yummy treat! One time she handed me the toast and expected me to butter my own toast. I asked her to do it and she didn't understand why, I told her quite truthfully that it tasted better when she did it. :)

Answer by Bmat at 5:23 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• no we rarely drink soda, and when my son tried he thinks its "too spicy" lol

Apr1l

Answer by Apr1l at 5:24 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• i dont give mine it but they steal it from me
    wendy232425

Answer by wendy232425 at 5:27 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• We drink tea all the time. I don't put a lot of sugar in it and I do water it down in the evenings. no soda and she can only have juice if it is watered down like lightly flavored water.
    Sica_Belle

Answer by Sica_Belle at 5:29 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• Nope, never. They can have it when they're in HS.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 5:38 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• Once in a while my daughter and I will share a Hansen's natural soda. She doesn't really like tea, though, but I do give her hot tea when she's sick. Nothing like that is horrible in moderation.
    hgibsonorc

Answer by hgibsonorc at 5:54 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• once in awhile,but i keep mainly juice,milk,and water for them,.
    sweetest-sin7

Answer by sweetest-sin7 at 5:58 PM on Jan. 29, 2009