:'( adult content

What does it mean when your cat popped blood,I'm so upset ,I can't bring him to the vet bc we have fallen on hard times and have a hard time talking care of myself and baby,hubby,and mom

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:13 PM on May. 31, 2012 in Pets

• It may have eaten something that it can't pass

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 10:15 PM on May. 31, 2012

• Call a local vet and explain what has happened. Tell them it's out of the question to pay for a vet and ask if there are any free clinics anywhere. Sorry about your kitty. : (
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 10:15 PM on May. 31, 2012

• with my cats they have usually eaten something that isnt food and it cuts them when it passes out of them.
    couponluv72

Answer by couponluv72 at 10:16 PM on May. 31, 2012

• There are million things it could be. It could be as simple as a bad infestation of intestinal parasites to a serious health concern like cancer or a metabolic disorder.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 10:16 PM on May. 31, 2012

• ps but if the blood is actually coming from their urine, that could mean that the cat has crystals in its urine. something that needs medical treatment
    couponluv72

• Could be a million things. When was the last time it ate? Is it in pain?
    FreeForAll

Answer by FreeForAll at 10:18 PM on May. 31, 2012

• Thanks eveyone ,it really hurts me that I have no money bc I have had the cat for 7 years and I bottle feed him too......I'm just really upset about it :'(
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:20 PM on May. 31, 2012

• This is likely due to a parasite.... Coccidia, Giardia, etc. It's the most common reason for a young cat to have blood in the stool. My cat had it happen a few yrs ago. Is it a lot of blood? And does your kitty appear to be in pain?

Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 10:20 PM on May. 31, 2012

• He is not in any pain ,he is jumping around and being the same as always
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:22 PM on May. 31, 2012

• It might be nothing, but watch him carefully. Call your vets, ask around - phone calls cost nothing - and ask if they have an insurance program. Good luck and keep us updated!
    FreeForAll

Answer by FreeForAll at 10:25 PM on May. 31, 2012