Gerber baby food containers... bpa?

I am weary of feeding my son Gerber foods cause they come in plastic. Anyone else?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:52 PM on Jan. 29, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I don't know the answer to that question, but I do have some advice. IF YOU HAVE THE TIME, try making it yourself. I spent two hours making my daughter's for the first time yesterday and I have enough for like two months. And it all cost me $10! I made peas, carrots, summer squash, peaches, pears, and mangos. I steamed them, then ground them in a food procesor, with the water from the steaming, strainded them through a strainer, froze them in ice cube trays and them packed them in ziplocks. It sounds like a lot of work, but it really wasn't. It's cheaper and this way you know exactly what your baby is getting. However, if you don't have the time, I'm sure your baby will be fine with whatever choice you make.
    HaydensMommy708

Answer by HaydensMommy708 at 8:44 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• you can still get some that come in the glass but their singles not a pack. at least here you can
    watersgirls

Answer by watersgirls at 5:54 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• Just don't warm the baby food up while it's in the container and you'll be fine.
    Anonymous

• I agree w/ the other answer -just don't warm it up.Also if your not breastfeeding check out the bottles-I had to go out & buy BPA free ones(i didn't check when I first bought them.Also if you really start to worry just think about all the things we've been exposed to as kids-especially older generations.We made it & so will our little ones.
    soldiersgirl531

Answer by soldiersgirl531 at 6:21 PM on Jan. 29, 2009