how can i get my 3yearold to sleepin his own?

I have 3yearold with downsymdrom and he still drinks abottleand wont sleep in his own bed,he use to.

vina411

Asked by vina411 at 5:55 PM on Jan. 29, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• My daughter doesnt have down syndrome but here are some things i did to get her out. I would at first let her fall asleep with me then put her in her own at bed. Does he have a favorite movie? I also would put her in her room and let her watch a movie in her bed and she would fall asleep. And the last thing i did to get her that did the final thing was telling her how big girls sleep in their own bed, and how much of a big girl she was when she slept in her own bed. I put a night light and let her sleep with as many stuffed animals as she wanted. (after she fell asleep i always went in and took them off)
    Katilina

Answer by Katilina at 6:05 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• Maybe ask someone from one of the down syndrome groups?

If you don't know how to find one, go to groups at the top of CafeMom. Click on it. At the far right there is a "find groups" window. Just type down syndrome into it. I did and found 88 groups! You're bound to find an answer from another mom who's been there.
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 6:10 PM on Jan. 29, 2009