Is it just me??

I'm not even sure how to start.. I feel really stressed out with my husband family. They are very different from my own. I hate the fact that they want it to be there way. I'm not evn sure how to explane everthing I've gone through a lot I tell my husband how I feel but he thinks I just don't like them in may be true but I'm trying to get along you know. They never call to see how my little guys is doing it's seems they don't even care but yet they want to tell me what to do! I really hate that. I'm not sure if you guys understand me but I'm not sure what to do or how to deal with this??

karinazamora7

Asked by karinazamora7 at 5:59 PM on Jan. 29, 2009 in Relationships

• i understand what you mean... except my in laws WANT EVERYTHING TO DO WITH OUR LIVES. Like they won't back off at all! I'm not really sure what to do about it.... lol I'm just living with it and I complain to my hubby and he normally talks to his mom about it. Cause my hubby knows if I don't like someone then it's not normal. So maybe get your hubby to talk to them
    Anonymous

• I know how you feel.My SO's family is very different than mine. Do not let that bring you down. Focus on your family,because if you worry about everyone else,you will drive yourself crazy.
    sweetest-sin7

Answer by sweetest-sin7 at 6:09 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• Are they trying to be helpful or are they meddling? If you want certain things to go the way you see fit, then tell your husband and stick to your guns. It may mean a few uncomfortable conversations but it's worth it. Put your foot down and be firm or it'll never go away.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 7:11 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• Oh my, my SO's family drives me nuts! His mom and dad are divorced, and his mom won't stop buying stuff for my LO. At first, it was no biggie. Now, it's getting annoying! C'mon, I would like to buy my child the stuff he needs! And his dad, he's interested when we take the baby to him, but he doesn't call or visit. As far as his girlfriend, she absolutely drives me insane...nothing I do is right. If I do something one way, she tells me I should do it the other way.

I would talk to your husband about it, and have him talk to his family. My SO has to talk to his mom a lot and had to tell his dad's girlfriend to butt out on more than occasion. Good luck!
    happymom0724

Answer by happymom0724 at 9:56 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• Didn't you meet his family before you married him? How could you marry a man if you didn't know what he came from? And did you expect them to just disappear when you did get married?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:40 AM on Jan. 30, 2009