Faux layers in kids shirts - love it or hate it?

In kid's clothing, so many shirts have faux undershirts and it drives me crazy. There are a few select times when it does look cute and the outfit is easier to wear without all the layers. Most of the time, however, I just simply hate it.

I just bought a shirt for DD because it was really cute. Then I used a seam ripper to remove the faux tank. The shirt has a crew neck. So the "tank underneath" has to be right up by the neck to even show. It would really be a hideous tank if it were a real article of clothing. Why do the clothing companies do this? I guess because i just bought one.

The other one that bugs me is a boys short sleeve polo shirt with long sleeve t shirt arms. To me, it takes a nice shirt and makes it look dumpy. just make the shirt long sleeved with the material of the main shirt!

Am i the only one? what are your opinions?

zetajen

Asked by zetajen at 10:25 AM on Jun. 1, 2012 in Beauty & Style

• It doesn't bother me, but my kids like the look of a short sleeved shirt over a long. I can take it or leave it.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 10:31 AM on Jun. 1, 2012

• I really hate the ones that are long sleeves 'under' short sleves. Especially when I love the short 'sleeve shirt!'
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 10:34 AM on Jun. 1, 2012

• It has never bothered me. But I've found if I don't like a certain type of clothes, I just don't buy them...
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 11:24 AM on Jun. 1, 2012

• Yeah, I'm not a fan of those 2 shirts in 1 for anybody.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 1:36 PM on Jun. 1, 2012

• Meh, some I like, some I don't.
    katiemomNY

Answer by katiemomNY at 8:26 PM on Jun. 1, 2012