Do you want to open the group up for debate?

http://www.cafemom.com/group/115640/

Feel free to leave your comments and opinions, but please start your comment with a "yes," or a "no" so I can count accurately. Thanks

ETA: For those non-members who may not be aware, this group was created with the intention of providing a place for Answers members to go discuss and debate. It is run with a democratically elected admin team which is represenative of the major theistic classications. Since setting up the group, it's really just been a private free for all, and new applicants have not been approved. If this group is going to remain a private free for all, I may relinquish ownership, but if this group should be opened up for debate then I'd like to get that going.

-Eilish-

Asked by -Eilish- at 12:07 PM on Jun. 1, 2012 in Religious Debate

• Nope
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 12:08 PM on Jun. 1, 2012

• Nope
    DJDNY

Answer by DJDNY at 12:11 PM on Jun. 1, 2012

• No.
    Sarah961

Answer by Sarah961 at 12:26 PM on Jun. 1, 2012

• FYI... I don't participate regularly in the groups but I am part of a group that is called Religious Debate. Last time I checked there was a whole section/forum for a Bible study. Sigh. Not what I was lookiing for....
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 12:29 PM on Jun. 1, 2012

• I'm in that group, figaro - it's actually a Bible Study led by a non-Christian, looking at section by section of the Bible, discussing the ideas, not preaching or teaching or anything. I think the intention is to do different texts as well...

Anyway, I would be in favor of opening up a public forum in the group, even if just to get a feel for the kind of traffic we might attract. I honestly think that our group would end up being a more interesting place than some of the other religious groups I'm in, especially with the dynamic we've already established with the current members. So I think we could attract some interesting people. As for whether or not the group could exist simultaneously with Answers, I think it would, because even if regular posters start posting there, I think we'd find new people posting here....
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 12:40 PM on Jun. 1, 2012

• Yes, I feel that if you opened it up for debate, yu might have a better chance a good discussions. You should be able to aprove who is allowed to join your group, however. IMO. You should also be able to ban a person who is just there to be disruptive. It should be your call.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 1:13 PM on Jun. 1, 2012

• Yes, I like the idea. We can kick out the trolls, and no anonymous postings.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 1:39 PM on Jun. 1, 2012

• I didn't know there was a group - and as a non-member, I have no say. ;) I'm not a regular-regular in the Q&A debate forum but the idea of a group mirroring this section still intrigues me.
    ldmrmom

Answer by ldmrmom at 2:15 PM on Jun. 1, 2012

• No.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 2:20 PM on Jun. 1, 2012

• No, for the same reasons I initially put out there.
    adnilm

Answer by adnilm at 2:54 PM on Jun. 1, 2012