Mother God

Do you believe there is a Mother God also? i deff do

Asked by WHITELIGHTJENNY at 12:45 PM on Jun. 1, 2012 in Religion & Beliefs

• I believe there is a Great Spirit that is neither male or female... and that Spirit really doesn't have control over anything here on Earth. That is just what make the most sense to me.

Answer by Crafty26 at 12:51 PM on Jun. 1, 2012

• I believe in One Divinity, though I'm open to the idea of that Divinity being female. I'm used to referring to It as a He, merely out of the way I'm used to thinking about or discussing God, but that's just the way I'm familiar with the idea of God, if that makes sense. So it's just easier for me to keep saying He, and to think of a He, than it is to say He/She/It/Them (in case I'm wrong about the number of Divinity, lol), you know?

Answer by bandgeek521 at 12:56 PM on Jun. 1, 2012

• no, I don't. But I never really thought about it though.

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 1:37 PM on Jun. 1, 2012

• im with bandgeek...its not that i think there isnt a Mother God but that the divine is one energy/spirit/entity etc. totally open to the idea tho! i also use He out of habit.

Answer by okmanders at 3:10 PM on Jun. 1, 2012

• No, God is referred to as male throughout scripture, though God is a spiritual entity, the church is referred to in female terms, God in masculine. The only prayer instituted by Jesus begins...Our Father

Answer by adnilm at 3:39 PM on Jun. 1, 2012

• Mother Goddess, yes.

Answer by MamaK88 at 5:32 PM on Jun. 1, 2012

• Mother Goddess ... yes.

Answer by gmasboy at 8:12 PM on Jun. 1, 2012

• No, I believe in a G-d that has no gender (as He's not a physical being) but has several attributes that He infused in us, some of them more marked in women and some in men.

Answer by momto2boys973 at 8:12 PM on Jun. 1, 2012

• God doesn't have a gender imo

Answer by Faerylight at 9:29 PM on Jun. 1, 2012

• It largely depends on what on means by "god". I believe in a genderless Divine, but individual deities can be male or female.

Answer by thalassa at 8:09 AM on Jun. 2, 2012