I have a question not sure how to put it... here it goes

I had my son 4-28-6 got pregnant misscarried on 10-28-6 I was at 12w 3d And baby measured in at 10w 4d.. I am now 11 weeks pregnant again.. Is it bad luck to start buying stuff now?
I feel like I will be cursing my self if I do..
I want a Girl DH wants a boy I DO NOT want to find out the sex until D-day..
So do you think its bad luck to buy anything before your 13th week?
I bought a double stroller and a toy for the baby I lost so now I am even scared to buy Him/Her a stuffed toy..
LoL Am I crazy?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:14 PM on Jan. 29, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I got rid of the stuff I bought as it was a bad "reminder" of my child...
    Anonymous

• Just to be cautious I would wait a while longer with your history of miscarriage. I am very sorry you had to go through this and I have my fingers crossed for you. I imagine you would want to buy stuff now, but it's best you wait so you don't have that reminder again, just in case.
    kirstanbrown

Answer by kirstanbrown at 6:21 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• i dont think its bad luck necessarily. but every pregnancy is so different, and you never know what can happen. im sure everything will be fine! but its always best to wait until the 2nd trimester for anything just in case. if youre feeling great and this pregnancy is seemingly healthy to the doctors then i wouldnt worry too much about buying things! youre not going to jinx yourself! good luck and congrats!!
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 6:23 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• Every pregnancy is different. Since you had a normal delivery, it is probable that you'll be fine this time. I didn't buy stuff before the third month, only because that seemed a wise guideline for me.

Answer by Bmat at 6:29 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• Things can always go wrong, I lost a daughter at 29 weeks. It's not a gaurantee that after 13 weeks you are home free but i wouldn't let that take over the pregnancy. You shouldn't constantly worry about things you have no control over. I think it would be okay to buy a stuffed animal or some little things....
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 6:40 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• I have been there.
    Do not bury the baby before anything may happen.
    It will put you under stress which could harm the baby.
    Celebrate it,enjoy it and until you hear otherwise buy things.
    In todays economy it may be easier to prepare and gets things over time than at the last minute as well.
    Baby1114

Answer by Baby1114 at 6:46 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• i would wait until about 6months along too be safe but if you really want to get something go find a cute bib or toy so you do have just something
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:02 AM on Jan. 30, 2009

• I was pondering this same question. I had a previous miscarriage at 2 weeks along. I got pregnant two months after the miscarraige and I am now 9 weeks. I was afraid to buy stuff for fear of losing the baby but have realized that I need to stop worrying so much. I am aware that people have stillbirths and lose their baby at 8 or 9 months. As we all know, we can't wait until the baby is born healthy to buy stuff. So go with your gut...we are going to buy stuff like diapers and burp clothes. I wish you the best and pray you have a healthy, full-term baby!
    rochelemickey

Answer by rochelemickey at 12:47 PM on Feb. 16, 2009