can it hurt?

So i posted a question the other day about my DD's congestion and someone answered to use eucalyptus oil. I got it and put a little on her shirt for the vapors...can that hurt her nose...it doesnt seem to be but i just wanna make sure i cant hurt.

Kennadismom

Asked by Kennadismom at 6:26 PM on Jan. 29, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I would ask your doc. I always go with my gut and my doc when it comes to my babies, especially when they are under 2. Cafemom's have good advice, but we are not all doc's.
    kirstanbrown

Answer by kirstanbrown at 6:28 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• If she doesn't have a reaction, it wont hurt but don't let her eat her shirt, etc. It's not meant to be ingested. You could put a small amount on her skin, like the top of her foot, and see if it irritates it. If not, put 1 drop in some lotion and rub on her chest. Also add it to the bathwater.
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 6:29 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• I wouldn't do that. A lot of people are allergic to eucalyptus. The only way to tell is hives or trouble breathing problems. The docs don't even advocate the use of vicks vaporub any more on babies. Powder is bad too, it gets into the babies lungs and makes it hard for them to breathe. Take care and I will say a prayer. God Bless. Vicki
    POMMOM335

Answer by POMMOM335 at 12:52 AM on Feb. 3, 2009