2 years after a c-section.. i have this bump that only been here about 8 months..

its right above my scar, and it hurts.. im seeing a general surgeon on feb 6th.. but im reallllly worried.. it hurts to pick things up, and last night my bf was rubbing it and i almost puked.. anybody have anything like this?!..

HaviksMum

Asked by HaviksMum at 6:27 PM on Jan. 29, 2009 in Health

• you could have torn something. it sounds to me like a hernia. i know my dad had one after a surgery and it was horrible. it would bubble up every time he leaned forward. be very very careful in everything you do the next week. dont pick up anything heavy, dont twist too fast, just take it easy. if the muscle is torn you dont want to hurt it more
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 6:32 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• I have pain in my side and the doctor said it was likely scar tissue from surgery I had 11 years ago. It catches sometimes if I move a certain way. I had a pelvic sonagram and a CT scan (or MRI- one of those- I had to drink the contrast stuff) and everything was normal. Feb 6 will be here soon. Chances are yours is just scar tissue also, but I know that doesn't help with the worry. Would you please post a followup after you've found out what it is?

Answer by Bmat at 6:33 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• Ouch, that sounds like it hurts! I have two knots of pain on either side of my c-section scar, that especially hurt if I bend over the wrong way, and my OB told me that it is tender there because that is where they start and stop the sutures when they are closing you up. Sometimes our bodies can react to tissue trauma and scar development by getting inflamed and irritated. I am glad you are seeing a doctor, and I hope everything is ok!
    littlejreece

Answer by littlejreece at 2:22 AM on Jan. 31, 2009