*rephrase* Is one of your kids more outgoing and fun than the others? Are things boring without them?

It's been me and the 2 oldest for the last 2 days. Apparently my 8 yr old is the heart of this family because without him here, it's boring!!!! We even went to a movie yesterday afternoon and the night still dragged on. Can't wait till he gets home - I miss my little sunshine.

Tesserae

Asked by Tesserae at 3:05 PM on Jun. 1, 2012 in General Parenting

• Each of my 5 kids has their own distinct personality and when any of them are gone it feels like something is missing. We have fun anyway, but it's just not the same without all of them.
    My oldest 3 go to their dad's house every other weekend and it's so quiet when they are gone, but I focus on the two that are still here and play the things that they like. I make sure it's still fun!

Answer by missanc at 3:32 PM on Jun. 1, 2012

• My youngest has been the fun one of this family since he was tiny, and at age 19 he still is. He just has to walk into the room to light it up!! I love all of my boys, and cherish their qualities, but I will admit that their is something about him that is a real blessing.... I believe it is his gift.
    Nimue930

Answer by Nimue930 at 3:41 PM on Jun. 1, 2012

__________________________

that's exactly how I feel about my 3 boys - love them all(of course, so much!!!!!) but the youngest has that extra special something.
    Tesserae

Comment by Tesserae (original poster) at 3:44 PM on Jun. 1, 2012

• No. One of my children is more high energy and the other is more laid back. It's not about boring and fun. IT's about different speeds. I enjoy my time with both of them together and one on one. Frankly, there are times I'm glad for the quiet that settles upon us when the loud -never-stops-moving kid is out of the house. And there are times I'm glad to be able to focus on just her.

I don't prefer one speed to another. I enjoy them differently.
    ldmrmom

Answer by ldmrmom at 8:02 PM on Jun. 1, 2012