Help me???

I am 22 years old and I have been stressed out beyond beleif! I have had it up to HERE with my 3 yr old, Mager mager tantrums lately, hitting, punching, throwing things, pushing over dressers, ruining headboards, kicking holes in the walls and screaming uncontrolably, He always hits, pinches, kicks, and pushes me and his father in the back when we walk away. He is SUCH a sweet lil boy, but let me tell you... he has his days... more then often now. I also have a 22 month old and a 4.5 month old. I am so stressed out and exsausted, Im smoking more then ever, sleeping 3-4 sometimes 5 hours a night and only eating one thing a day if that! What can I do? Weve tried everything! Literally!

MommyBoo86

Asked by MommyBoo86 at 6:31 PM on Jan. 29, 2009 in General Parenting

• My son souped up my living room all the refrigerator food and laundry detergent. He does not have ADHD, he just has the energy of MOST children. Some people have a child with more energy they can handle and only very very few have a mental disorder that causes impulse problems. The main thing to remember is that it is a very rare few children that actually have a disorder, many parents like to have a "problem" to solve instead of an energetic child. If your son turns out with a mental disorder, I am sorry and hope you get through it. If he is normal, but going through his stages as he seems to be...this is something you can get through. You know your boy best. I have been there as well with three sons, so good luck to you and keep your head up!
    kirstanbrown

Answer by kirstanbrown at 11:43 AM on Jan. 30, 2009

• Call your pediatrician and see if they can refer you to someone who specializes in children with bad behavior.
    Anonymous

• you may have to resort to a child behavioral psychologist. if youve tried everything, that would be the only other thing i can think of. . but if youre this stressed you may want to just try it. it sounds like its an attention thing, he may be jealous of your other two kids. try making special time with just him and see if that helps. im sorry i dont have more advice. good luck
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 6:35 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• Please let me tell you, My son, Michael... Normally is a good boy, very smart.... affectionate... playfull and very helpful. He has all his manners. He throws tantrums usually when its time out time. Or when we get upset with with for not sharing with his little brother. Or when he breaks into the fridge or destroys the house in the morning before we wake up. Tried child proofing everything, But he figured everything out.
    MommyBoo86

Answer by MommyBoo86 at 6:36 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• Have you talked this over with your doctor? Good luck!

Answer by Bmat at 6:36 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• I have three boys and let me tell you that it does get better. I can tell you to be consistent with your time outs and to be patient, but it always just seems so easy to say than when everything is crazy and everyone needs you at the same time. If you can just look at him and remember that every tantrum is his cry for Momma, because Mom has other babies and that is obviously really hard on him. Make sure EVERY single time out is followed through, not just threatened. Hold him there for his 3 minutes if he screams and kicks. Eventually, and I mean it may take 2 weeks, he will remember that when you say time out you mean it. If you have tried this, I don't know what else I can offer. But I know for me, I would expect them to change when I realized I wasnt following through. I take them outside A LOT because they couldnt sit still if their lives depended on it. And, yes I sneak a ciggarette outside sometimes. What has not worked?
    kirstanbrown

Answer by kirstanbrown at 6:38 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• Check his diet. artificial colors & flavors and high fructose corn syrup can cause hyperness & aggression. Make notes of what he eats & when he rages. Feel free to pm me
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 6:41 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• It really sounds like anger control, have you tried giving him something he can destroy when he is angry?
    Anonymous

• I can tell you from a psychologists perspective (my major), they would only tell you he is normal and needs more attention. God forbid you get one that is on a trial for a new ADHD med, then you will be pressured into drugging him. I don't know all your issues, but he obviously wants more one on one time. Kids are smart, they will take the "in trouble" attention if thats the best way they are getting any (attention).
    kirstanbrown

Answer by kirstanbrown at 6:42 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• Call Super Nanny! lol
    Anonymous