Bedrest during pregnancy what was your restrictions, how did you handle it?

I was told i can't do anything until delivery except go to appointments,quick shower.

So what did you do for food,drinks.

Since i need to restrict this also?
I guess it can be bad since it makes more getting out of bed to hurt the baby.
What should i do to make this easier for the next 5 months?

Tell me your stories.

Thanks for your help.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:36 PM on Jan. 29, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I was on bed rest and still am sorta and i wasn't allowed to get up either just to pee and stuff my mom helped me out and got me food and water and stuff other then that i got yelled at for moving around by her because it was really important i didn't move, i got through it because i had to for the baby. ALso try getting tons of water fluids or anything to drink or eat by you so it is easier. thats all i did.
    Katiebears89

Answer by Katiebears89 at 6:44 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• My husband prepared my food (lunch, breakfast, snack) and put them in a tray right by the lazy boy where I laid down before he went to work. I watched movies, read book, and slept a lot.
    erlsk

Answer by erlsk at 6:49 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• What i do not get is right now i do not work or do much to begin with so the fact i need to be on such restricted bedrest is mind blowing.
    However,i guess baby is telling me that it all needs to focus on her or him,already a little diva...lol
    Thanks for your input.
    Anonymous

• I was on bed rest with my second child. My mom or MIL took turns taking care of my daughter while I was on bed rest. As far as food goes, my hubby would make breakfast and lunch and put it next to the bed for me before he left for work. He also kept a big cooler stocked with ice and all the juice and water I would need for the day. I could only get up to go to the bathroom or a quick no more than 5 min shower. I had to stay in bed laying down so I watched a lot of TV read a few books and did a lot of crosswords and word searches. It was very hard but we made it to 37 weeks and my son only had to stay one day in the nursery before he was allowed to room with me. I hated it and was bored out of my mind, but it was worth every min when my son was healthy and happy.
    Carajust

Answer by Carajust at 7:17 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• Can i lay or sit on the couch or does it have to be bed ?
    Anonymous

• I was on bedrest for 3 months with my second child. It is perfectly ok to be on a couch but you really need to be laying down, you can keep your head elevated to see the tv and such but you need to keep your feet up, or at least that is what my dr. told me. As far as limitations, I was allowed up for restroom breaks, changing rooms or walking to and from the car for appts and such. Everyone in my house worked so my mom would come and pick me up everyday and take me to her house where I would relax on the couch until my husband picked me up in the evenings. My mom waited on me hand and foot until I was released from bedrest. I kept a lot of crosswords and books nearby to help make the time pass faster, i also took up knitting and made a ton of baby blankets :). Goodluck and remember, it may seem impossible to be immobile for so long but your baby will thank you later :)
    momof2il

Answer by momof2il at 8:50 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• i would get a small frigg or something and have it in the room with you and put cold foods and drinks in there for the day so you don't have too get up too much you need to do what is best for you and baby
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:24 AM on Jan. 30, 2009