Freezing Shredded Cheese?

My local grocery store is having Kraft shredded Cheese on sale, Monday for 79 cents a pack!!!!!!!! Limit 10 per customer, so my DS and DH will be purchasing 10 bags,, is there any trick to freezing it? Will it go bad or dry out? How long will it last,, we use it on everything,, homeade pizza, tacos,, etc..
Any advice please!

kimigogo

Asked by kimigogo at 8:12 PM on Jun. 1, 2012 in Food & Drink

• I just throw the smaller bags straight into the freezer. The two pound bags I separate into ziplocs and throw in the freezer.

I've never had a problem with it drying or going bad :)
    BrawnwynII

Answer by BrawnwynII at 8:14 PM on Jun. 1, 2012

• just throw it in as is. i do the same thing when it is on sale - cheapest i can get it is 99 cents a bag though. i have used cheese that was in the freezer for a year and it was fine.
    annanonnymommy

Answer by annanonnymommy at 8:22 PM on Jun. 1, 2012

• We just freeze it as is- no problems.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:26 PM on Jun. 1, 2012

• Sounds like a great deal. It will freeze perfectly.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 8:32 PM on Jun. 1, 2012

• Freeze as is. Frozen cheese lasts 3 months in a regular freezer, up to 6 months in a deep freezer
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 8:46 PM on Jun. 1, 2012

• Shredded cheese is the only cheese that seems uneffected by freezing. Block cheese gets all crumbly. Great deal. Go for it
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 9:16 PM on Jun. 1, 2012

• I just straight up throw the bags in the freezer. No issues, still tastes great and melts great.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 9:20 PM on Jun. 1, 2012