Animals in Heaven.....

Do you think animals go to Heaven when they die? The Bible indicates there are animals in Heaven. Are they there because God created them just for Heaven, or do you think they are actually animals that have been here on earth. I know animals do not have souls.

Asked by zachsmom900 at 6:47 PM on Jan. 29, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I would like to think they went to Heaven, but I'm afraid that I don't think they do.

Answer by Bmat at 6:49 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• how do u figure animals don't have souls?

Answer by ReadyToRage at 6:53 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• I don't believe in God or heaven (in the Biblical sense, at least) and I most certainly DO believe they have souls. I honestly don't see how anyone with a beloved pet could look into their eyes and think otherwise. I've known animals with MUCH better souls than a lot of people I've known.

That being said --- it doesn't make sense to me that a God would create an Earth with all these wonderfully diverse creatures & make some so full of unconditional love & effection for us.... and then turn around a create a "heaven" without them. That sounds a little backwards to me --- and just think of how dull a heaven w/o animals or pets would be.

Nope... serious design flaw there --- and if God is supposed to be perfect, I kind of doubt that one would slip past Him.

Answer by Laura1229 at 7:06 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• ReadyTo Rage... That's what I've always been taught. So......That's jmo.

Answer by zachsmom900 at 7:06 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• Well said, Laura!! :)

And if my pets aren't in heaven with me, I don't want to go. :) I absolutely believe that our animals will be there to greet us when we go.

Answer by jenettyshome at 8:03 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• Animals do not have souls.I am an animal lover.I asked my mom this question way back.She said do not worry there are many animals in heaven and the lion will sleep by the lamb.God loves animals he knows when each bird falls from the sky and the number of hairs on each head.Fret not trust god with your animals he loves them even more than us he created them.

Answer by summerray5 at 8:03 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• I have always been taught that animals do not have souls as well but I have such a hard time grasping that. How can a creature with such a capacity for emotion not have a soul? I guess like so many other things it is a mystery and will continue to be a mystery to me until I myself step into Heavens doors and I do so hope to see my little Kringle, Sodapop, Corky, and Maleficent waiting. If Heaven is supposed to be perfect then animal would have to be there for me.

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:48 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• Wait animals dont have souls?
    LOL Ok first im hearing of that.

• Yes I believe they go to heaven.

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 10:07 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• I've also heard that they don't have souls...but it's hard to believe that looking at them. They are just as lively as any of us humans (some even smarter!). It's hard for me to believe that we have souls while they don't.

Is there scriptural reference to this so I can look it up myself?

Answer by ReneeK3 at 10:53 PM on Jan. 29, 2009