Anyone else not have a dishwasher?

I don't have one either, unless you count myself of course. but it seems that i spend all day just doing dishes! does anyone else feel this way? if not how do you do it? how do you keep up with all the dishes and not feel like your entire day has been spent in the kitchen!

ArmyWifeMomof3

Asked by ArmyWifeMomof3 at 6:48 PM on Jan. 29, 2009 in Home & Garden

• I have a dishwasher but i didn't always, and yes i spent a lot of time doing dishes, i just try using the same dish all day, if I'm drinking something i just rinse it out and keep using it, or maybe use a paper towel as a plate if possible (for a sandwich or whatever) also fill the sink with hot soapy water and just put the dishes in that and when your ready to wash them you don't have to do much scrubbing.
    workenmom

Answer by workenmom at 6:53 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• I don't have a dish washer and I know I wash 4 times a day! I keep my fingernails short cause they will chip.
    summerray5

Answer by summerray5 at 7:00 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• I have a dishwasher, but i don't use it. I think I do a better job at getting the dishes clean. This spring I will be remodeling and I do not plan on putting in a new dishwasher.

determind

Answer by determind at 7:05 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• I wash the dishes before I put them in the dishwasher. I'm afraid the dishwasher will not get them clean enough.
    zachsmom900

Answer by zachsmom900 at 7:09 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• We dont have a dishwasher either. I do dishes 3 to 4 times a day. Have sinkful soaking right now from dinner :)
    mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 7:11 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• I don't have one but am planning on investing in one this year some time soon.
    mom2fivekids579

Answer by mom2fivekids579 at 8:07 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• We had a dishwasher years ago. We used it one month and it raised our electric bill so high never again.

Yes, we are doing dishes all the time. Each of my kids have a day, but as the kids get older and moving out my husband and I are getting more days to do the dishes. We wash all the dishes and then the kids eat before they go to bed or get home from work. Dishes all the time.

I usually get up in the morning and go to the computer and then have the homeschool kids eat breakfast and I do a load of laundry and dishes some homeschooling and then I take a shower and get dressed for the day.

We my son come home from tutoring and some high school classes and then eats and does his homeschooling. We eat lunch. Dishes are never done.

Some days I just put hot water in the sink and soak plates in one side and glasses in the other . And hour later I wash them just in time for lunch.

Yes, I am doing dishes allday.
    sew4heaven

Answer by sew4heaven at 11:29 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• We have one, its broken.
    So Ive been doing them by hand for a few months now and we've actually saved money that way. I do them once a day and it takes me like 30 mins(give or take a few) to get it all done. So I really dont feel like its an all day occurance.
    BonesDragonDew

Answer by BonesDragonDew at 7:34 AM on Jan. 30, 2009

• We have a dishwasher. I prefer to wash by hand. I look at it as my quiet time away from the kids, warm soapy water, the sound of running water, looking out my little window into the garden, it is my escape. With everything in life it just depends on how you look at it...
    MsMESSx2

Answer by MsMESSx2 at 9:48 AM on Jan. 30, 2009

• i dont have one either . it suCKS! i kinda really hate doing the dishes i do them about once a day but still it seems like i always have a sink full i hate it
    IvysMommy331

Answer by IvysMommy331 at 12:54 PM on Jan. 30, 2009