How did

How did you pick your children's name....how did u come up with it.....my son 's name is Connor and me and my hubby love the movie boondock saints and one of the brothers is named c.onnor

tigger3itch

Asked by tigger3itch at 12:03 AM on Jun. 2, 2012 in Baby Names

• My ex husband's family is nothing but boys. He was totally shocked when he found out we were having a girl, as in went quiet for hours. When he finally starting speaking again, he said that he really liked the name Eliza. I'm an Anglophile. So, it stuck & he named our oldest.

With my 2nd DD, we had actually picked out the name Fiona prior to finding out her gender. But, when we found out we had another girl, we asked our oldest who was 2 1/2 what we should name her baby sister. She said "Baby Gigi". We decided to end up going with the initials G.G. and picked Gemma as her name. Due to my love of all things British & the fact that it goes so well with big sister's name.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 12:06 AM on Jun. 2, 2012

• my dh picked it..he claims he was listening to a Jackson Browne song and thought, ''yeah, i like that name.''
    eh..it didn't matter much to me, as i was in denial about being pregnant until the labor pains started.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 12:07 AM on Jun. 2, 2012

• Me and my Dh took turns naming ours.
    Sarah961

Answer by Sarah961 at 1:03 AM on Jun. 2, 2012

• one had matched initials to dad
    one was named after an isreali artist i met as a kid
    one has a play on words based on my southern upbringing
    and the last is just southern
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 2:57 AM on Jun. 2, 2012

• We didn't have one picked out till after mine was born. I couldn't decide until I saw him and thought what name he looked like that fit him.
    janderson595

Answer by janderson595 at 4:25 AM on Jun. 2, 2012

• My oldest is named after 2 great grandmothers. Evelyn, after my grandma. Monique, after DH's. She was originally going to be Monique, but we heard so many people complaining about how they didn't like it. I suggested my grandma's name, and DH said he loved it, especially paired wit Monique, and that was that.
    For my youngest, I wanted Eleanore, but DH was dead set against it 2 E names. We liked Kaylee, but got mixed reviews. We like Penelope, but my sister ruined it. (long story) Finally, I was sending a text message to my husband. I have a touch screen phone with swype. I forget what word I was trying to put in, but Abigail came up instead. I decided I liked it a lot, and sent it to my husband. He really liked it too. So that was that, and we didn't care who else liked it. (took MIL a while to warm up to it ) Her middle name is Leanne. It's a mix of our moms' middle names. Lee is MIL's, Anne is my mom's.
    Eviesmommy

Answer by Eviesmommy at 10:25 AM on Jun. 2, 2012

• DD's name is Scarlett Abigail. They are just two names I've always loved. Thankfully DH loves them as much as I do.
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 10:58 AM on Jun. 2, 2012

• We had our son's name picked out before we even started trying to conceive...LOL! His name is Quinn.
    LuvBodyByVi

Answer by LuvBodyByVi at 1:30 PM on Jun. 2, 2012

• We gave our daughter my middle name.
    anestheticsex

Answer by anestheticsex at 8:54 PM on Jun. 4, 2012

• 1st DD we went with August Ruth. My nana was Evelyn, but didn't really like her name and her birthday was in August, one day after she died it dawned on me how pretty August would be, and it seemed perfect with my grandmother (who I am very close with) name Ruth.

2nd DD is Aberdeen Gail, I liked Abbie, and we were watching a movie with Aberdeen in the credits as a name and hubby suggested it. I went back and forth on it a bit, but it fits perfectly.
    LoveBuggsMommie

Answer by LoveBuggsMommie at 11:04 PM on Jun. 5, 2012