Build Up

I have lots of scalp build up. I've tried clearifying shampoos and olive oil and now I'm stuck. Does anyone know of anything else that I could use?

xHeiligx

Asked by xHeiligx at 1:42 AM on Jun. 2, 2012 in Beauty & Style

• Tea Tree Oil is supposed to help.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:01 AM on Jun. 2, 2012

• Neutrogen t gel shampoo
    Mrs_Harsh

Answer by Mrs_Harsh at 8:00 AM on Jun. 2, 2012

• The Home Remedy For Scalp Build Up
    Here is a short how-to course that involves How to use Baking Soda and Vinegar with your shampoo to better clean your hair and scalp.
    You should always consult a doctor when dealing with medical conditions. The advice given on this page should not be used to diagnose any type of condition and should not be taken as medical advice
    Do this science project in the shower so the foaming, chemical reaction can go down the drain.
    Set a half cup of vinegar on the side of the tub (this is the reaction activator). If you want to be cautious, mix a half cup of vinegar with a half cup of water.
    Add a little baking soda to your shampoo to make the shampoo into a paste. Start with a small amount of baking soda the first time and add more a little bit at a time until you find a comfortable level for your hair & scalp.
    Shampoo you hair with the mixture.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 6:45 PM on Jun. 2, 2012

• (cont.)Shampoo you hair with the mixture.
    When you are ready to rinse, pour the vinegar onto your scalp, over the shampoo and baking soda mixture.
    The resulting combination of shampoo, baking soda and vinegar will give you a chemical reaction that thoroughly cleanses the scalp and hair Also see Homemade Treatment for Scalp & Hair Build-Up.
    Warning - not for small children
    Warning - keep the mixture away from your eyes (ask you hair stylist about doing this for you if you do not feel comfortable doing it at home)

meooma

• Oooh, thanks for posting that, meooma! I have real probelms getting my son to wash his hair thoroughly but the science experiment might help.

Answer by gdiamante at 9:27 PM on Jun. 2, 2012