stupid qustion but i must ask

can stress put u in labor???/

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:06 PM on Jan. 29, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Yes.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 7:06 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• i think so
    Anonymous

• Yes, it can. I went into pre-term labor (at 31 weeks) when my father died. It was from the stress and depression. They were able to stop the labor, but the stress got to me again and I had the baby at 32.5 weeks. He was in the hospital for breathing issues for 5 weeks. I hope you're not under stress! If you are, talk to a doctor. They can give you some advice.
    Anonymous

• my doc always tlod me if you stress it won't humm
    butterscotch297

Answer by butterscotch297 at 7:08 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• It depends what the stress is from. The above person said her father died (I'm so sorry) and that the stress of it brought on labor. That's definitely possible. Tremendous grief causes an actual chemical reaction in your body, which can lead to labor. Just general stress over regular things...no, it probably won't bring on labor. I'm a nurse.
    Anonymous

• I'm not sure....I stressed a lot on all pregnancies. It just puts stress on your baby, baby will come when ready.
    PinkRose282

Answer by PinkRose282 at 7:13 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• wut if the man u loved just broke up with u but did not tell u and then u found out he raped a girl (i posted a question about it earlyer)
    Anonymous

• Some times it does sometimes it doesn't. it depends on the type of stress the condition you were in before (mostly healthy or some what unhealthy) Sometimes stress can even prolong labor. It's all in how stress effects a specific person, how much adrenaline is released and how that persons body reacts to it.

babyfat5

Answer by babyfat5 at 7:14 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• yes I think it can trigger braxton hicks.Stress caused my stomach to tighten and I felt the need to just take deep breathes and sit down.So the tightness would go away.
    summerray5

Answer by summerray5 at 7:42 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• If it dosen't make you go into labor it can harm the baby if you stress too much. I think they told me it dose something to the placenta, I had to be induced with my first because of that.
    Anonymous