How soon after you had ur baby did you have sex?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:15 PM on Jan. 29, 2009 in Pregnancy

• first one was 4.5 or 5 weeks but that is bc i had stitches
    the second was 3 weeks
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 7:16 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• 4 weeks
    Anonymous

• YOU WOMEN ARE DISGUSTING YOU HAVE TO WAIT SIX WEEKS EVEN IF THE BLOOD STOPS AND YOU HAVE NO STITCHES 6 WEEKS LADIES CONTROL YOURSELFS
    Anonymous

• well i couldent cntrol myself i waited 1 week and i dident rip so i had no stitches so it was all good for me my doctor siad that some people dont even wait that long and its not disgusting ok its normal
    cielo1

Answer by cielo1 at 7:29 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• Jesus, "Anonymous", what the hell do you care and how is it wrong?
    Actually, I've read online in multiple places (You know, medical websites) that it all depends on how the labor went and how the mother is feeling. If you had a vaginal birth, and heal quickly, and it's comfortable to have sex, you can safely do it as soon as 2-3 weeks afterward.
    Get your facts straight, woman.
    BatGirl1415

Answer by BatGirl1415 at 7:30 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• I am not the other anon poster, but I agree with her, although I would not have put it so bluntly like that. The reason doctors say 6 weeks is because your cervix has to close! Yes you should also wait until you are healed if you have tears or stitches. Sometimes you just need to listen to your doctor, he/she is not being a jerk when they say wait 6 weeks. The people who don't wait are the ones who go back for their 6 week checkup and find out they are pregnant again, yes I know that is not always the case, but it is extremely common. Give your bodies a chance to heal!!
    Anonymous

• I just had my baby a month ago. My doctor said at least for weeks. He recomends six weeks. Me personaly am waitin longer just because I am a bit nervous. I had a natural vaginal delivery, I did have an episiotomy so a few stitches, well it was more like one big running stitch. I am all healed but I am just nervous and waiting longer. But your body does need to recover. My body still isn't back to 100% there are a few things that just arent the same just yet.
    Don't rush things. You will know when you are ready.
    mgurl

Answer by mgurl at 8:19 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• I'm not the Anonymous above! I had a very long labor and a lot of tearing (forceps delivery), over 70 stitches. It was 4 months before I wasn't too sore to have sex. My hubby is very considerate, very understanding...thank God!
    Anonymous

• I was somehow mentally ready after only 4 days, but we waited 3 1/2 weeks. I had a c-section, so no tearing or stitches there, but of course, stuff was still healing inside. I know we should've waited longer, but we didn't.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 11:33 PM on Jan. 29, 2009