Does this sound good?

I have a packet of Tastefully Simple's Go Go! Asiago Dip Mix. I wondered if I could coat chicken breasts with this and bake them?

The box says to mix this with 1/2 cup real mayonnaise and 1/2 cup sour cream for a dip. Do you think I should just make the dip and coat the chicken, or could I just coat the chicken with the dry mix?

PSMother

Asked by PSMother at 7:15 PM on Jan. 29, 2009 in Food & Drink

• Totally! I would use the dry mix with some olive oil so the chicken stays moist and then fry that sucker!
    hgibsonorc

Answer by hgibsonorc at 7:23 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• Can you come over here and cook it? I am snowed in and having cake for dinner... Oh, well.. Actually it does sound really good. I usually make up ingrediants to put on chicken just to see how it tastes!
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 7:28 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• I think it sounds wonderful, I LOVE everything from tatefully simple....especially the beer bread with the garlic garlic. Yum! Do you know someone who sells it? I need to order some more.
    amy7243

Answer by amy7243 at 7:33 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• Why not? Trying new things & making new ways is ingenius that's how the Best Creations come about! I hope it turns out!! Happy Cooking/Baking!! Eating LOL~!
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 8:14 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• I would probably blend it with a little olive oil and rub it on, or soak the chicken in buttermilk, then roll in the dip mix. Or you could use it to season flour or breadcrumbs, and then coat the chicken in that.
    jespeach

Answer by jespeach at 11:16 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• I would add the dip mix to flour and then dip and pan fry (saute")
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 11:08 AM on Jan. 30, 2009

• are talking boneless skinless breasts? Or bone in skin on??
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 11:09 AM on Jan. 30, 2009

• boneless skinless breasts
    PSMother

Answer by PSMother at 3:19 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• So, I added some plain breadcrumbs to the Asiago mix then dipped the chicken breasts to coat thoroughly. I put them in a glass baking dish that I had sprayed with PAM and baked them uncovered in a 400* oven for 25 minutes. I did add a bit of butter to the top of them about half-way thru. They turned out moist and delicious! Thanks for your input.
    PSMother

Answer by PSMother at 11:13 AM on Jan. 31, 2009