Decisions Decisions.....

I'm in my 3rd trimester, so I'm starting to seriously look at the things we still need to purchase. As of right now the main thing I'm looking for is a car seat and stroller combo. I've been looking online for the fact that you can read reviews on the products, but it seems like everyone has problems with either the car seat or the stroller.Is it a better idea to buy them separate or what? its driving me crazy because the car seat is one of the most Important things you buy for your baby.

gettingfat89

Asked by gettingfat89 at 7:28 PM on Jan. 29, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I got a Graco one, the carseat stroller combo, it was pink with chocolate brown detail, really cute. The carseat came with a base that makes it really easy to put the seat in and out of the car, instead of fussing with the buckles all the time.

I never had any complaints with mine :)
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 7:35 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• I got a graco winnnie the pooh combo really cute and seems to all work fine.
    Baby1114

Answer by Baby1114 at 7:36 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• Oh my god, I've been having the saaaaaame problems...
    Actually my main problem is deciding whether I want an infant car seat or an infant-toddler convertible car seat.

Right now I'm going with the Graco Vie 4 stroller. It has good reviews from all the websites selling it, and it isn't outrageously expensive. It is meant for Infants AND toddlers, plus it's compatible with the Graco Snugrider infant carseat, which also has good reviews.
    So now for me, I just need to decide whether to buy an infant car seat or a convertible one... but if

I go with the Infant carseat, I'll be going with the Snugrider.
    BatGirl1415

Answer by BatGirl1415 at 7:41 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• you will love the stroller carseat combo!
    summerray5

Answer by summerray5 at 7:42 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• i had the graco winnie the pooh stroller i loved it and having a combo was nice when my baby was little having the infant seat
    babyspots17

Answer by babyspots17 at 8:28 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• Mom, go to Craigslist and find a fairly decent Traveler System from a mom who does not need it anymore. You can ask her about the system. If she actually used it throughot it is a good chance she liked it. You'll save a few hundred too!
    Godswk

Answer by Godswk at 9:41 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• I'm not big on travel systems, just because they're so big and bulky. I have a Graco SnugRide, and the Graco SnugRider frame stroller (which is only about 50-60 bucks new). It's FAR less bulky, and just as easy to snap the seat in and out of. I agree with PP about Craigslist, you can find some great stuff on there!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 11:31 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• Ive had a graco travel system and then an eddie bauer car seat with a double stroller. I will never buy eddie bauer again. dont like the car seat, stroller or packn play. I loved loved loved my graco. that is what i am buying for baby number 3 for sure. I wished i would have got a carseat jogger combo with my first. graco doesnt make them but it wouldve been nice to have to work off the weight. so i would suggest graco travel system or a jogger and car seat combo. it is better to have ones that work together and there is always going to be someone who doesnt like something. I would just look at what they dont like and decide if that is important or not to you. overall my best advice is to try it before you buy it. Get something you can play with and check everything out first. Basket space for the bag, cup holder, reclining seat, 5 pt. harness, easy fold and light weight. all that stuff. Graco.com is helpful. good luck!!
    Softwater

Answer by Softwater at 10:33 PM on Feb. 3, 2009