Is Friday A Business Day to pay bills??

How come if I pay Menards on Early Friday AM it won't be counted until the next Business Day until Monday? They (Retail Services) claim Friday is NOT A business Day? Is this True & Right? So since my Bill is due on 2/01/09 & I paid it after 4pm today, Thursday I will be Late? Can I do anything on this!? You can't pay your Menards CC in the Store! Anyone else experience problems this Way Too? Can I do anything? I am job less & my DH is unemployed!!

Angellinda

Asked by Angellinda at 7:50 PM on Jan. 29, 2009 in Money & Work

• Well, before I read the end, that said you were job less and DH is unemployed, I was going to say pay them off and use a major credit card. Friday is certainly a business day, all around the world. I pay bills on Friday all the time and have never had a problem. But I bet if you go back and read the fine print you will find some blurb about their policy not to count Friday. However, all you can do at this point is count it as a "lesson learned". Pay them off as soon as possible and then close the account. If you're eligible for credit, make it a bank card, not a store card. Store cards tend to have much higher interest rates, and more ridiculous fees, such as that late fee. I wish you the best.

peachqpti

Answer by peachqpti at 8:27 PM on Jan. 29, 2009