violence.....he hit her bad!!

my 15 year old son pretty much hit a girl and I know he's gotten into fights with her but nothing serious but this time he pushed her from some height onto some concrete and she like cracked her wrist I don't know what to do!! I can't really control where he goes because I'm at work alot of the time seriously somebody help.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:50 PM on Jan. 29, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• Well, he will have to face the consequences of his actions. DId she call the police? Does he see this behavior from someone else, like his father? Boys are generally not violent to women unless they have been taught it was ok. (Not all the time, but if this behavior is common then there may be a reason for his behavior).

He's been fighting at school with her? or outside of school? Is anyone watching him or responsible for him or is he alone? You may need to get him enrolled in anger management or some type of juvenile program after school for teens with issues.
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 7:54 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• his actual father was quite violent but he hasnt seen him since he was little.....and no she didnt call the police, she came to me because im a nurse and she didnt want to tell anybody. he was in anger management program for a while but he wouldnt cooperate.....
    SuperKristi

Answer by SuperKristi at 7:57 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• well, maybe she should call the police? if he gets in trouble for it, it might scare him to straiten up you know? The thought of going to jail etc, could be quite a rude awakening for many people. it was for my sister.

Can you talk to him? Maybe make sure he doesn't leave the house, find someone to keep an eye on him while you're at work?
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 8:02 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• I think you need to seperate them. For her safety. She obviously cannot stand up to him, he hurts her. And I do think someone ought to put him in jail for his behavior. Sorry Mom, kid has to be accountable for his actions. You cannot tell me he doesn't know better at his age.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 8:06 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• let her make her own mistakes, let her learn to stand up for herself.
    just talk to her & don't let them see each other unsupervised incase he does something stupid. but she obviously loves him & sooner or later she'll stand up for herself.
    Anonymous

• I think YOU need to call the police.

Someone needs to scare this boy straight.

That is NOT cool. I am so sorry about your baby boy but you need to start some very tough love.
    Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 8:18 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• Excuse ME??? Let her make her own mistakes???
    She is being abused by a 15yo. This could affect her for the rest of her life. It is OUR job as moms and women to stop abuse. I am sorry too about your son, but this boy needs to learn that MEN don't hit. (What's next Rape?)
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 8:24 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• mom you need to do something about this before he ends up in jail, he has major anger issues and even tho he was small he still saw how daddy treated mommy... He needs help, even if it is a scare from the police, more anger managment classes ( court ordered) and therapy, get it for him before you lose him, you dont want him to continue this route and think it is ok to abuse women.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 8:43 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• If you don't sit down an explain to him, he could do serious time in jail for hitting women. He will be in jail soon. Her parents can press charges for him hurting her.
    Godswk

Answer by Godswk at 8:51 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• Men should be taught not to hit girls and he could end up being a rapists like one said here.
    He needs to accept responsibility.Police,juvy,boot camp what ever it takes. My boy best not hit a girl and he knows it cause I TAUGHT him!!!Save someone's life get him help at all costs!
    Anonymous