Dh has issues with me not answering the phone when MIL calls...

I have had issues with MIL for quite some time, including her demanding dh drive out of his way to take her somewhere (she spent $3000 on a gas-guzzling car stupidly), calling multiple times during a day and interrogating dh when she doesn't get ahold of him right away, asking to stay with us a month (she had BIL staying at her trailer b/c he wouldn't live within his means after getting fewer hours) when things got too close for comfort. And when I said "NO" dh threw me under the bus telling how I reacted-which was pissed.

MIL has said I'm not welcome at her trailer (uhm-what makes you think that breaks my heart? Are you that full of yourself?), physically threatened me b/c I talk smack about her (which I admit isn't the most nice or mature thing to do BUT I never have to her face, only to DH).

So I don't answer the house phone when she calls and dh and MIL have an issue with it. Thoughts?

purplerobin

Asked by purplerobin at 9:09 PM on Jun. 2, 2012 in Relationships

• I haven't spoken to my MIL in 7 years. My husband would never think of blaming that sort of thing on me. If they call, they are not calling for me. If he wants to talk to them, he will answer. If not, he will call them back.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 9:11 PM on Jun. 2, 2012

• If it's that important he can answer the phone... your not his secretary!!

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 9:14 PM on Jun. 2, 2012

• Don't talk smack about her. Don't TALK about her, period. She is dead to you. If your husband isn't going to support you over his mother, your marriage may be dead as well.

Answer by gdiamante at 9:15 PM on Jun. 2, 2012

• kill her with kindness
    mandielynn23

Answer by mandielynn23 at 9:26 PM on Jun. 2, 2012

• Sounds like your DH has more than one issue.

meooma

Answer by meooma at 9:31 PM on Jun. 2, 2012

• I wouldnt answer the phone too..
    smiley745

Answer by smiley745 at 10:10 PM on Jun. 2, 2012

• The question, meeoma, is about THIS issue.
    purplerobin

Comment by purplerobin (original poster) at 10:16 PM on Jun. 2, 2012

• it would really just be his issue. I would tell him that I will not answer when she calls, for obvious reasons and that is the last of that conversation.

I don't answer when my MIL calls and he doesn't answer if my mother calls. 9x out of 10 neither really wants to talk to the other so why answer. I get along fine w/my mother in law and my mom and husband get along fine also. But what would we have to chat about on the phone? Nothing really.
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 10:34 PM on Jun. 2, 2012

• I wouldn't answer it either. Tell dh to deal with his own mother.

Answer by admckenzie at 12:42 AM on Jun. 3, 2012

• I wouldn't answer the phone either. What would be the point?...she's only calling for him anyway. Your his wife and he needs to man up and handle this with his mom. If my mil said I wasn't welcome as her home...my man wouldn't go over either (that's how he is). Twice a week I'm taking my mil home and the BS is that just because our job is right across from where I live, she figures I can just take her home 15 minutes away. I don't even get gas money for this, as if my car runs on some special in-law fuel or some sh*t.
    My man told her to get a job closer to her house so she could walk home.

8t
    virgo550

Answer by virgo550 at 6:40 AM on Jun. 3, 2012