Pastor believes in something different than what he preaches

Well i just started going to this church 6 mons. ago its a christian church but i found out something strange about the pastor. He preaches about how you can be saved and the usaul. Well he actually believes that your either born to go to heaven or born to go to hell. And theres nothing you can do to change that!!!! What the heck? Why does he say that you can change and go to heaven but not believe in it? He treats others like dirt since he thinks they are going to hell!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:56 PM on Jan. 29, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Pray for this man, and if you feel that you need to leave, then leave. Be careful in these times, there are false prophets out, the bible speaks of it!! Read your bible for your self and study to show your self approve and so that you will know what is rightfully spoken and what is false.
    mslaurie65

Answer by mslaurie65 at 8:09 AM on Jan. 30, 2009

• Find another church,period.
    Baby1114

Answer by Baby1114 at 7:59 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• Please leave this legalistic man who follows his own sense of right and not bible.Find another church pray god direct you to one where the pastor is on fire for God and loves his fellow man
    sinner or saved.he places his self too highly and will disappoint many people who can be turned off from god completely.I seen it happen it is sad!
    summerray5

Answer by summerray5 at 8:00 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• Run.

Obviously, he believes in predestination, and from the sound of it, he's the one deciding.

This is not of Christ.
    Redteux

Answer by Redteux at 8:09 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• You need to do your research.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Predestination

You are probably going to a Calvinist sect - and tehre's plenty of Bible verses to back him up. Not what I believe, but let's not dismiss it out of hand, eh?

Why would you go to a church without knowing the basic tenets of the denomination?

And, not to cut things too fine, but God is all powerful and all knowing - are you so bold as to say He doesn't know the end story of your lfie, even before you live it? Nothing removes our free choice but I don't limit my God in the breadth and scope of His knowledge.

Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 8:14 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• Um, about face, run away fast. LOL. Not someone I would want preaching to me on Sunday morning. God will lead you to a better home.
    jenettyshome

Answer by jenettyshome at 9:18 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• Find another church. He is not teaching truth.
    bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 9:50 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• He has no right judging anyone and preaching something he doesnt believe himself. I would not belong to a church that different preach what the bible teaches. Your not born to go to heaven or hell, you must put your trust in god and believe that he is the path to all that is good and your total faith in god alone is what is going to get you to heaven. Being a good person, doing good things does not get you to heaven it is by faith alone. if he is preaching something that is not true then you need to find a church that is going to help you grow and help your strengthen your faith in god.
    desperateat48

Answer by desperateat48 at 10:01 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• The guy sounds like a nut case and I would find another church.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 10:06 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• go find a bible teaching church
    HisServant4ever

Answer by HisServant4ever at 10:07 PM on Jan. 29, 2009