Has anyone used Enfamil Next Step Lipil?

More specifically, has anyone with a formula-sensitive baby used it? My DD is on Similac Alimentum (the hypoallergenic stuff). We are planning on trying milk at 1 year of age (apparently this is supposed to be a more nutritious milk alternative). I was wondering if anyone else has transitioned between the two, and what your experiences were like.
Thanks in advance :)

emslala

Asked by emslala at 7:57 PM on Jan. 29, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• The next step formulas are a marketing ploy, plain and simple. Unless the doctor recommends trying them (weight issues for example) there isn't any need for them.

And if she has problem with regular formula...she's going to have the same trouble with next step ones.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 8:47 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• I am not trying to be rude at all, I was just wondering if your baby is formula sensitive, why would you use the next step formulas? You would think that you would want to get your baby off of formula as soon as possible?
    Anonymous

• Never make a drastic change from one milk to another. If your child is one start putting it in a cup. That is if you still use a bottle. To make the change you do more of the usual milk and some of the new milk ( ie whole milk) for one week. Then start easing off old milk next week. by using more of new milk and less of old. Until she/he is totally on the new milk. You may see lose poops that is normal. If so, give child green gatorade. It is an electrolyte. It will make bowels normal again. It taste better than pedialyte and cheaper. It has same ingredients.. only the green gatorade... the light yellow looking one. I hope I helped you.
    Godswk

Answer by Godswk at 8:44 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• Take baby off formula. How old is child?
    Godswk

Answer by Godswk at 8:45 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• I personally think it;s a waste of money. Just companies trying to keep you hooked and spending money.
    ConnorsMommy521

Answer by ConnorsMommy521 at 8:48 PM on Jan. 29, 2009