Do you think emotional abuse it worse than physical abuse?

If you HAD to choose. Which one is harder with a person to cope with?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:07 PM on Jan. 29, 2009 in Just for Fun

• emotional I think because that scars your heart. physical abuse heals (usually)but hurtful things echo in the hearer mind for years.
    Lyndall

Answer by Lyndall at 8:08 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• I have been on both ends and the emotional abuse stuck with me longer than the physical abuse. But I was only given bruised eyes, if it had been broken bones or such, I probably would have a different answer.
    Anonymous

• EMOTIONAL forsure it take a long time to heal from harsh things that are said!
    sagesmommy327

Answer by sagesmommy327 at 8:11 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• Physical wounds heal faster than emotional wounds. Emotional wounds run very deep.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 8:16 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• Why not post this under relationships not the just for fun area first considering the topic.
    Either is not right.
    But physical can go away and emtotional is with you always.
    Anonymous

• Also, emotional messes with your head. Somebody might not even realize they are being emotionally abused, the scars are on the inside...whereas physical abuse leaves physical scars. Both s*ck.
    good2me

Answer by good2me at 8:28 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• The question did not ask for you to tell me where to post this.
    Anonymous

• After I was beat and told over and over by an ex husband I will never be sh**. I hear him saying it now. Sometimes I think that is why my challenges in life seem so much harder than the normal.
    Godswk

Answer by Godswk at 8:37 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• I think emotional is pretty bad, bruises go away, but words stay with you. But also physical has some emotional abuse in with it. A person who was beaten will always wonder what they did to deserve it, even though it's not their fault.
    sophiebethmom

Answer by sophiebethmom at 8:49 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• I have been both pyshically and emotionally abused and I agree with a previous answer that in the end the emotional sticks with you longer. Both affect a person deeply but it is harder to change a mind set then to heal a bruise. I am still going through this emotional abuse everyday with the way my mind has been affected as far who I am. I am very down on myself and think of myself the same way they treated me. I don't know if I will every get over it but I do know if I ever do it will take alot of work.
    jroseh68

Answer by jroseh68 at 9:07 PM on Jan. 29, 2009