What do you guys think of this table? honest opinions please =)

corner nook bench from walmart

here is a somewhat good view of my breakfast area, sorry the pic is so dark:

anyway i think a booth style table would be more functional because of the way the breakfast area is set up. from where the picture is taken is the opening of the living room, and from where the girl on the immediate left sits is the walkway to the kitchen, which can be annoying if two people are trying to get through because there is also a bar that sticks out. it may be that my kitchen table & chairs are too big though.

so do you think a booth style table would look good here? and also i went for the light oak because my cabinets are a light oak color. are these good quality tables also? and i have 3 children so whenever we have guests with a 4 seater table there is no extra seats.

tnm786

Asked by tnm786 at 11:09 AM on Jun. 3, 2012 in Home & Garden

• I like the table but I agree, a booth table would look good there.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 11:11 AM on Jun. 3, 2012

• like the tanle like the details in scroll work
    but
    if not practical- does not matter how good it looks

thinks practical with booth type
    and make more special with 'cool' fabric on the bench seats
    can get outdoor fabric on seats to clean up easier
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 11:15 AM on Jun. 3, 2012

• I like the table looks really good there, but again, I can't see the entire room layout. That bench would also look nice though. Is the bench big enough for the entire family though?
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:15 AM on Jun. 3, 2012

• oh don't get me wrong, the kitchen table i currently have is beautiful. it just does not work well in my breakfast area =( i probably would still keep it in storage maybe if i ever decide to convert the bonus room into a dining room.
    tnm786

Comment by tnm786 (original poster) at 11:16 AM on Jun. 3, 2012

• i think it would be big enough. it looks like the actual booth would seat 4-5 children, or all 3 of my children plus myself, and then there is always the bench for extra seating.
    tnm786

Comment by tnm786 (original poster) at 11:18 AM on Jun. 3, 2012

• I think the booth style seating would work well there. Plus, having a long table to work at is kind of nice.

Our breakfast nook table is about the size of yours and the base is metal and I can't stand the metal on the tile.  I don't have a rug underneath it and I can't wait to find a different / better table for that area.  I like the top of our table but can't stand the base and the chairs.  I keep trying to roll it out of the house on Yard Sale days, but DH always stops me and tells me that we have to have somewhere to eat.  

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 11:32 AM on Jun. 3, 2012

• I like the table. However, as the kids grow past the teen years no one wants to creep in to the corner. Adults don't like to creep and slide over. That's why I don't like booths in diners or restaurants. I do like the bench seat. You can also put a chair at the head, if there's room.
    robinkane

Answer by robinkane at 11:37 AM on Jun. 3, 2012

• Only concern I would have is how the back of the booth looks from the outside because you have those nice big windows. I would think it looks a little awkward, but you can get a half window shutter (plantation shutters I think) or something that could "hide" it like a half height room divider to make it more aesthetically pleasing. The only other concern is if it will still fit them all as they grow. Aside from that I like it and at one point was considering a similar one for a nook in our kitchen

KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 11:38 AM on Jun. 3, 2012

• I like the booth idea. My kid loves booths
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 11:54 AM on Jun. 3, 2012

• I like the booth style in white. I think it would look good.
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 12:18 PM on Jun. 3, 2012