When should I take the head support out of the infant carrier?

My babies infant seat came with a head support, she is ten weeks and has good head control, except when overly tired then she looks like a bobblehead. When is it ok to take out that head support? She seems cramped with it in there when she is in her snowsuit.

mkmama3130

Asked by mkmama3130 at 8:47 PM on Jan. 29, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I think it should be in there, but when wearing the snowsuit that has a hood, she should be ok with it out.
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 8:50 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• when it cramped.
    ConnorsMommy521

Answer by ConnorsMommy521 at 8:51 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• Well, our carseat came with two. She has already outgrown the smallest one, so we removed it, but the second one is still there. I think you should keep it in until she outgrows it.
    AM78

Answer by AM78 at 8:57 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• keep it in there until she outgrows it entirely
    ZaTa

Answer by ZaTa at 9:04 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• Most seats have this information in the manual. For ours it was when our son was 11 lbs. The seat manual is the best source of safety information available. If the info is wrong then the company would be liable, so you can bet they have tested and retested everything.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 9:18 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• Your baby shouldn't be wearing a coat or snow suit while in the car seat...the straps should be snug against her body...look into getting a carseat cover..like a bundle me by JJcole...If you were in an accident your baby would not be protected
    mom2boyz

Answer by mom2boyz at 1:41 AM on Jan. 30, 2009