should a girl who will be 12 in april have body piercings such as the top of her ears,her nose,her tounge,and her bellybutton what does the world think

this child lives with her pap and there is bout 6 different ppl telling her different things,what should she do

auntmeme611

Asked by auntmeme611 at 8:55 PM on Jan. 29, 2009 in Tweens (9-12)

• Well not my kid! I don't think that is right.
    Anonymous

• Not my daughter.
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 8:56 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• o man i think thats a little young for the nose tounge and belly button!!!
    scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 8:57 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• i had the top of my ear peirced at 11 or 12 my bellybutton at 15 and im still waiting for my nose. what really matters is what her parents think
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 8:57 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• tounge and belly button is too extreme for me, anything else you mentioned to me is ok.
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 8:59 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• In my opinion some of those piercings should wait a couple more years at least, but I am not her mom or dad, if it was my child I would compromise with the top of the ears but ask her to wait until she is 15 or 16 for any others and at that we will discuss what she wants and where
    JAJA_Steele

Answer by JAJA_Steele at 9:00 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• top of the ears i would say okay but NO WAY on the nose and tongue and belly button. nose at 15, but belly button and tongue not until shes 18 and can pay for it herself!
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 9:00 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• Not my daughter. I allowed her to get her cartilage done & everything after that she has to be 18 to do it. I just think it can send the wrong message, especially in someone so young.
    seaott9406

Answer by seaott9406 at 10:02 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• My oldest had her cartlidge and nose pierced at 12. Eyebrow at 14, bellybutton at 16 and she is hoping for her lip or tongue. And my other DD just got her belly at 15.I don't have a problem with it, I think it really depends on the individual child and thier level of maturity. I would much rather have them get it out of thier sytems now then wait until they are 18 and looking for a job, at least this way they can be removed safely when the time comes for them to be an adult. It is merely a form of expression, not all kids are crying out either, at least with piercings they can be removed, unlike tattoo's.
    luckysevenwow

Answer by luckysevenwow at 10:32 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• UUUm noo!! That is an adult decision that she is not old enough to make let alone be considering!! Those kinds of things can be taken as sexual advertising to older boys. Not cool.
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 10:39 PM on Jan. 29, 2009