What games do you play with your toddler ?

I am looking for more fun games and activities to play with my 2 year old. I was wondering how you and your little ones have fun. We play blocks alot! We also color and do arts and crafts, she loves to help me sew and make bows as well as help me cook. I am looking for more ideas on how to play fun learning games and activites. We are also trying to potty train does anyone have any good "Potty" activites that will help her gain more interest in going potty?

sew4fun

Asked by sew4fun at 9:02 PM on Jan. 29, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• i read with my son and let him turn the pages. i have a little boy so we wrestle. try to get her to go potty when mommy goes potty. whenever you have to go, put her on her potty and maybe the monkey see monkey do thing will work.
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 9:04 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• Memory. My 3 year old LOVES to play. The one we have is by MB Games and is called Original Memory. It's a good game for learning to wait your turn, as well as remembering.
    As far as potty games, I always used M&M's. When he Pees he got 1, when he Pooped he got 3 or so. And we also had a big WOOHOO GOOD JOB party afterwards.
    ItalianMomma04

Answer by ItalianMomma04 at 9:05 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

My son loves to wrestle too LOL. Gotta be a boy thing. We also get into tickle fights and read like you do.
    A good book I have found, that my son loves is the Very Hungry caterpillar, and we count together in the book. We also do cooking games, and he helps me measure out items and pour them into the bowl. I also let him ice cupcakes and cakes and he loves that. We also incorporate counting when we clean up. He loves it.
    ItalianMomma04

Answer by ItalianMomma04 at 9:07 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• Memory and Hi Ho Cherrios are favorites here.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 9:31 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• well my daughter got a teaset for Christmas. I have drunk more cups of tea the last month I wanna cry. LOL. And of course she has a doll house. but her all time favorite is my oldest daughters keyboard. She'll hit keys and we make up silly songs.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 10:57 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• My daughter really likes being read too and she loves to pretend cook for us. We all sit at her little table and she feeds us. She also likes to get in her dresser and try to put on as many articles of clothing as possible!! I found a recipe for homemade playdough, she really loves that. We are just busy playing all day long. No matter what we are doing, I try to make it fun for her. Find fun in the little things!!
    Anonymous

• check out my activity group. I used to be a teacher and I am always looking up new stuff.,

http://www.cafemom.com/group/activities-for-kids (Join us for ideas in cooking, music, art, movement...)

and

http://www.cafemom.com/group/connecticut-families (for those living in Milford, Orange, West Haven, Stratford, ..or near ~ connect with local moms, playdates calendar of upcoming events in the area)

Kristy
    KristyCT

Answer by KristyCT at 2:26 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• we go bowling for letters! my 2 and a half year old loves it. just balance some magnetic letters on the floor and then use a small ball to bowl them over. this is good for getting some letter identification down. you can also use 2 stacked singe mega blocks instead to work on color identification.

we also go magnet hunting. i put an assortment on the fridge and ask where the frog or whatever is and he points it out. we also do a similar "i spy" type thing by taking digital photos of a ton of little toys all together. they can be put on display via the memory card on the computer or tv. my son wears gloves to avoid the fingerprints now. (a lesson learned for me!) he points out what i have him hunt for.

sometimes we have a color hunt. i give him a solid color box and he hunts around for little things that are that color to put in it.

we make play clay... the list goes one. tons of fun things to do with little ones. :)
    RainbowSplatter

Answer by RainbowSplatter at 5:51 PM on Dec. 19, 2009