Where do you look for women who want to place their child for adoption?

I have biological kids ,but I've always wanted to adopt. I'm not ready at this very moment, but once I am I'd like to meet someone without going through an agency. My view points on the adoption process is not that great. I've gone through most of the steps and I didn't accomplish an adoption. There is a character limit therefore, I don't have time to explain how I feel about the process. I'd really like to know if anyone know a place where you can meet moms that would like to get to know you; for the reason of adopting their baby. I have a friend that was introduced to a woman that had a baby,they got to know one another, went to adoption attorney and adoption was eventually finalized. Birthmom did not want to visit child. She only asked for a picture once child turned age 1.

Godswk

Asked by Godswk at 9:19 PM on Jan. 29, 2009 in Adoption

• I dont know personally but www.adoptioncircle.com
    Anonymous

• not here...like ~some~ people have been doing
    Anonymous

• You can find a PBMom anywhere really. I have a very good friend who adopted her third child just through word of mouth. Their fathers were talking at church, the PBMoms situation came up and it went on it's own from there. I also know of two situations where PAMoms were contacted by PBMoms through Cafemom and I know of a situation where a PAMom put out a Journal through Cafemom saying she was interested in pursuing a second adoption and she met a couple PBMoms that way.

I would just get the word out to your friends and family. If you are a member of a church, let the pastor know. Tell your OB/GYN and even your family physician. Good luck!!
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 10:25 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• God(please don't feel like I'm preaching at you!) works in funny ways! You never know, when the time is right there might be someone who comes into your life that needs your help in this area. My friend found out she was six months pregnant and didn't think she could keep the baby. Her parents were very good friends with a family that had been trying to adopt for eight years, now they have their baby!
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 10:37 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• One way to meet expectant moms interested in an adoption plan would be by simply spreading the word with those you know - family, friends, coworkers, church community, doctors, the list goes on and on. I am hearing more and more that women considering adoption plans want to have a "connection" even a remote one to the prospective adoptive parents (Friend of a friend ,etC). Hope that helps, good luck in your journey!
    muptgirl

Answer by muptgirl at 10:51 AM on Jan. 30, 2009

• Why don't you check out foster care? At least there you know the children need a home. Most women who are considering adoption (the figure is around 97%) do NOT want to place their precious baby. They are being pressured and coerced by family, lawyers, boyfriends/husbands, friends, middle class society, etc. I'm one, and know many more. Unnecessary adoptions are the worst for everyone involved, especially the original family and most importantly, the child.
    orangeorbie

Answer by orangeorbie at 11:09 AM on Feb. 5, 2009