How do you lose weight and not have skin hang?

I just had a son about two years ago i'm just now getting off my lazy butt to lose the baby weight, But I'm worried i'll get that nasty skin flap at the bottom of your belly. Any ideas about how to avoid that. Any foods or exercises?

DragoFly

Asked by DragoFly at 9:34 PM on Jan. 29, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• tummy tuck? Idk
    MAMMA2DYANDTY

Answer by MAMMA2DYANDTY at 9:39 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• I would not suggest surgery... But actually, working out and dieting will help even this out to the point where your skin shouldn't sag. There are no particular foods to eat but don't do a "diet". You will lose weight too fast and it will be harder to tone. Just eat healthier. And for a workout? I'd suggest crunches mainly. But cardio in general will help with the weightloss overall. :) Good luck!
    txcheerleadr90

Answer by txcheerleadr90 at 10:56 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• Don't lose weight too quickly and do exercises to tone the abs.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 8:01 AM on Jan. 30, 2009

• I have an ablounge. When I had my daughter last March I asked my doctor how soon I could start using it. Since I had a c-section he said to wait 6-8 weeks. As soon as that time was up, I started using the ablounge every day. Within 3-4 months I had lost most of my baby fat. I was a size 7 before I got pregnant with her and surprisingly I can fit into some of my size 5 pants from before I got pregnant with my first daughter. The ablounge works magic. If you dont have one, do crunches. Now, I'm just trying to figure out how to get rid of my big ass and my big thighs.
    agrafel

Answer by agrafel at 9:53 AM on Jan. 30, 2009

• There may be nothing you can do to prevent it 100%, but you can lessen your chances by doing a lot of toning exercises, lose the weight slowly, and something that hasn't been mentioned, but worked wonders for me; I exfoliated every day in the shower and then did a circular massage with Gold Bond healing lotion.  There are other lotions that claim to tighten/tone your skin.  I'm not sure if one is better than another.  I just know that this prevented stretch marks during pregnancy and helped me get that nice stomach again after my first.  Now I've got to work on it again after my second, lol.

FreeHomeBiz

Answer by FreeHomeBiz at 1:31 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• I lost too much too fast and my skin after two huge babies, is grossly loose, I have been researching it online and the only things I have found besides a tummy tuck is exfoliating in the shower, rubbing/massaging your tummy with hemroid cream, it shrinks and tightens things, the cream with the massaging helps a little, you have to do it for at least ten minutes everyday for like three months. I'm too busy with the kids for that so I am going to get a tuck, its only about 3200, two days bed rest, back to usual routine within ten days, new technology leaves minimal bruising and risk for infection, they use lipo to remove any excess fat on the tummy/back, they give you a new sexy belly button, and the scar mark is down in your pube area. so why not????
    MsMESSx2

Answer by MsMESSx2 at 2:04 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• Losing the weight dramatically fast is what causes it mostly. Which I doubt you'd lose it fast enough to cause that by just exercising and eating healthy.
    Anonymous