how long does it take your LO?

how long does it take your LO to get over a chest cold....and how do you help them through it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:34 PM on Jan. 29, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• mine took a week. Our doc recommended letting her sleep in her car seat at night so she would be elevated. I gave her warm baths, sucked out her nose and kept her upright as much as possible. She got a bit better each day with the worst of it being in the morning. I heard that vicks is bad for babies under 2 though because it constricts their airway. At walmart though I found a baby body wash made for when they have colds
    jhj4ever

Answer by jhj4ever at 10:01 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• We would use a pediatric cool mist humidifier as much as possible. Then we would add baby vicks to his chest OR use a vicks vapor plug in. We still had to suck out his nose (using baby ayr saline rinse to loosen the mucous first). I have also heard to keep the head elevated to decrease stuffiness. Our ped also told us to decrease the amount of formula/milk at night because it can make the mucous thicker. When it got really bad we had to use a nebulizer for breathing treatments. Good Luck!
    gwood

Answer by gwood at 10:29 PM on Jan. 29, 2009