I really have no clue what this could be... help??

Alright so lets start off that I am curently 10 weeks pregnant. I recently found a lump right on top of my collar bone? It is sensitive to touch, and I also have a lump on the bottom of my right breast that has been their for months. My doctors had an ultrasound done on my breast lump, and they couldn't really tell me what it was. I was also supposed to have a mamograhm done, but they said I was too young. I went into my doctors office today for these lumps in my neck, and my nurse practictioner said that she didn't know what it was, but if its still their in 1 month they will "look" into it. I am still scared that it could be a form of cancer? What else can I do to ease my mind?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:43 PM on Jan. 29, 2009 in Health

• Get your primary care doc to refer you to someone else or have your primary care doc order the tests. It's true that you can get lumps when you're sick and you can get fat lumps but in the collarbone, that's different. Go with your instincts and get tests right away. Try not to panic though, you just need more information.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 11:02 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• Get to the doctor. Since it is new and sensitive it could be something malignant.
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 9:44 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• first - if your doctor orders a mammogram they should do it for you no matter what your age. I also don't think it's reasonable that they sent you home for a month to see what happens with the lump - did they give you any indication what it MIGHT be? Did they tell you that if it changes to contact them? It sounds like they aren't taking you very seriously for some reason...
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 9:46 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• I would get a second opinion.
    Anonymous

• If it's something that worries or scares you, you need to be firm in wanting tests done. Don't let any Dr push you you around when it comes to your health and peace of Mine. Go elsewhere if they won't help you.
    ItalianMomma04

Answer by ItalianMomma04 at 9:48 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• She told me that it just felt like my collar bone was "swollen" But their is a lump, and then a large lump that is spread out on my collar bone? I am VERY scared, since I am pregnant, and my grandmother died from lymphoma cancer. She also said it could be breast tissue??? IN MY COLLAR BONE? Didn't get that one... or she said that I am sick, which I am BY FAR not sick, she checked me out throughly, and NO sickness.... Ugh... a month just seems way to long to wait with a new, tender lump on my bone... with being pregnant, I wonder if I should just call my OB's office....
    Anonymous