is there a way to conseal sperm so you can choose when to..."inject" it...from home?

i know. i know. its an odd question and im sure many of you must think im a moron for asking such a rediculous question. the thing is, with my husbands job we never are able to make love at my fertile time zone. so, anyone know anything or have any ideas? can i freeze it ???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:53 PM on Jan. 29, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• i think its an interesting ?, but i dont think your a moron lol. i dont see why you couldnt freeze it, thats what they do at the sperm bank isnt it? are you using the turkey baster? sry i couldnt help myself but im really wondering lol
    Anonymous

• lol!! a turkey baster????!!!! no! i dont know what i would use...a surenge maybe?? i thought of freezing it...hmmm i just wounder if its been done before...dont sperm die as soon as the hit the air?
    Anonymous

• IMO you shouldn't force it by trying to freeze his sperm or using a turkey baster. You should just wait until you can get together and make time to make love. My hubby works 12hr shifts and I see him for maybe 4 hrs a day, we have 2 children but we make the time to be together. It will happen when it's supposed to. :)
    Anonymous

• dont freeze it. you can refrigerate it. but warm it to body tempeture first before "using" it. (like hold the container under your shirt for a while dont like microwave it or anything!
    Anonymous

• BTW, no, sperm dont die when they hit the air! my god, do you think your vaginia is a vacuum?
    Anonymous

• it isnt just long work days...hes gone for a month to a mnth and a half. hmmmm refridgeration? does that work?? how long would it keep??
    momand17

Answer by momand17 at 10:11 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• oops...forgott to check the box. now you know who it is lol. oh well. knowing me its something i wouldve asked outloud to a group of people at random anyway
    momand17

Answer by momand17 at 10:12 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• They refrigerate it at the sperm bank. I dotn know how long it lasts though. I bet you could google it.
    Anonymous

• Okay, first off why?? Second if you freeze sperm it will die. In the lab they are flash frozen in seconds to a temperature hundreds times colder than your freezer. At sperm banks they only have so long after ejaculation to test it before they die.
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 11:03 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• You can't freeze sperm it does not have the right temperatures for it.
    Also can't do the fridge.
    You can use a cryo bank that has special cylinders to store it until you need to use it.
    Anything else will be a waste and you will lose the mobility needed for the sperm.
    The only other way was if it got preserved for several hours is by using a specail kit called a bio tranz.
    Than use a needeless syringe to inject.
    Baby1114

Answer by Baby1114 at 12:23 AM on Jan. 30, 2009