• In the Spotlight:

Going out with friends?

I am a SAHM of a 3 1/2 and a 2 year old. I am in a playgroup for my son and have been for 3 years. It's 6 of us moms. We have gotten very close over the last three years. We have playgroup every Monday and have organized (it's not always easy, since some work odd hours) a Mom's Night Out about once a month. We usually go to one of the mom's houses and watch movies or go to a restaurant for dinner. I am getting ready to go out tonight and my husband is pissing and moaning about it! Saying , "You ALWAYS go out!" "You went out three times last month!" Well, yes I did. It was my 40th birthday, and I went out with the Mom's one night, out with other friends on 2 different occasions to celebrate "40". My question is... does anyone elso go out?? As a SAHM I feel that once or twice a month is not asking too much. My husband doesn't go out with his friends basically because they never try to organize anything. Am I wrong?

sonomamama

Asked by sonomamama at 9:57 PM on Jan. 29, 2009 in Relationships

• I don't go out much. Mainly because I don't have many friends.
    As long as he knows about as soon as you do so there aren't schedule conflicts then there shouldn't be a problem. Since he doesn't go out much, if he did have something set I would canceling mine- but thats what I would if I were in your shoes.
    Anonymous

• Your not wrong, you aren't stopping your husband from going out so he shouldn't do it to you. My husband has bitched a couple of times when my friend and I have gone out, I just make him feel guilty and then I do what I want.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 10:09 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• no... i go out several times a month with my girl friends and mama friends. it's healthy for you to be out of the house and have your own time... tell hubby to get over it, and if he's jealous to get off his butt and go out with his friends. i'm very lucky that my husband encourages me to get out the house!
    abelsmama07

Answer by abelsmama07 at 10:17 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• Girls need their girls. You should go out and your husband should try to find something he likes to do so that he can do it and not bitch at you about what you do. Men.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 11:08 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• You Are Not Wrong. I Am Lucky Though, My SO Encourages Me To Go Out!
    Kari_Noelle

Answer by Kari_Noelle at 12:04 AM on Jan. 30, 2009

• When my kids were little, if they couldn't go neither did I. I never wanted to get away from them.
    Chrissy629

Answer by Chrissy629 at 6:23 AM on Jan. 30, 2009

• I am in the same boat, my hubby has no friends and that is his own fault but he gives me crap every time I go out, which is only once every month or less. I told him he is free to go out if he has guy friends, but he tells me he would rather only be with me. But it is very hard to get a sitter every time and costs more andI like my girls nights. It is a way to relax and be refreshed after all the stress we deal with! I don't think you should feel guilty at all! Guys are idiots!
    Anonymous

• NOPE! Hubbys tend to overexaggerate how much we go out. Point out that, yes, you have gone out more than usual this month, but it was for special occassions. Maybe see if you can "trade" him this night out and give him a boys night (if he doesn't use it, thats his fault) or if you can promise him something "special" when you get home as a thank you for the extra time out this month.
    ozarkgirl3

Answer by ozarkgirl3 at 5:41 PM on Jan. 30, 2009