Have you heard anything about the possibility of having no mail delivered Sat or Tues?

To save money?

SusieD250

Asked by SusieD250 at 9:57 PM on Jan. 29, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• what the hell does tuesday have to do with anything. no i have not heard this
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 9:58 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• Yes and this is a disgrace. Don't forget postage goes up in May AGAIN!

The post office sucks. The service is bad as it is for what we pay.
    Anonymous

• Yes, the Post Office was in the red last year, and they are looking for ways to save money. They said that most likely they would cut Tuesday service, because it is the slowest day for volume over all. It still needs to be approved by Congress.
    NewMommyin06

Answer by NewMommyin06 at 9:59 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• Post office is planning a five day delivery week because it was in the red last year almost $2 billion.
    Anonymous

• It was in our local paper .They were hoping(the postal office) to pick a day like Tuesday that isn't so busy.It's just an idea for the p.o to save $$ right now & if it does happen it will be a little while.It's probably b/c of all us smart moms doing our banking online & everything.LOL.Not as much stuff being mailed.It's not going to be good for more job layoffs.Thats all I've really heard-so far.
    soldiersgirl531

Answer by soldiersgirl531 at 10:02 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• As for people doing online bills it is because the post office charges too much, as far as I am concerned. Rates have been going up almost yearly and it is no longer cost effective to send bills via snail mail. I barely even send Christmas cards. By the time your done, you've spend $50 on cards and stamps.
    Anonymous

• Yes and frankly I don't care.

Postal workers are unionized and make ALOT of money and have excellent benefits. Good for them, but it's dramatically increasing costs.

I'd hate to see "low volume" Tuesday cut--after all it is a business day--but Saturdays wouldn't be a problem at all!
    Anonymous

• In my neck of the woods, Tuesday is junk mail day so it wouldn't bother me.
    micrespo

Answer by micrespo at 10:05 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• Big deal
    Anonymous

• LOL, micrespo.

I often forget to check the mail Tues-Thurs, as there is never anything but garbage.
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 10:08 PM on Jan. 29, 2009