Do u have to have a period in order to get preggers? IAm going crazy! Its been since july since ive had a period! HELP!

I even took tests and there all negitives but this month i really think iam????

onedaymom1

Asked by onedaymom1 at 10:09 PM on Jan. 29, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• if you havnet' had a period in 6+ months and you aren't breastfeeding, you need to see your ob/gyn.
    to answer your Q, you do have to ovulate before you menstruate, so it's poosible to get pg - say after having a baby - before you get your first period if you happen to conceive on your first post-partum ovulation.
    teri4lance

Answer by teri4lance at 10:38 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• You probably aren't ovulating. That is very likely the reason it has been so long since you had a peroid. I was diagnosed with ogliomerrenhea which is irregular periods and not ovulating. I would go months without a period. You have to release an egg to be fertilized to become pregnant which is ovulation. I would defently go see a doctor. They can prescribe you something to start your peroid and find out was is really going on.
    Anonymous

• When in doubt, go find out! Good luck!
    ProudMomma2183

Answer by ProudMomma2183 at 12:34 AM on Jan. 30, 2009