It hurts to walk or stand because theres to much pressure

Im 37 weeks pregnant and for the last two days there is so much pressure on my pelvic area that it hurts to walk or stand. When i do stand i have to slowly put pressure on my legs or my stomach cramps up. . When im laying in bed ait also hurts to roll over or sit up. . i dont know if this is common because of the weight of the baby?? Or is it maybe some kind of warning that im gonna go into labor soon?? Any body have any ideas.

mandar

Asked by mandar at 10:11 PM on Jan. 29, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i AM ONLY 30 WEEKS AND THIS HAPPENS TO ME TOO.
    jparker289

Answer by jparker289 at 10:13 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• Its normal, for me it was anyway. Your body is just trying to get ready...nothing to worry about
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 10:14 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• Are you talking about the pubic bone? I am 26 wks and the pressure and pain is intense. A lot of it has to do with the ligaments as the middle of the pubic bone is actually a joint where the left and right pubic bones join together. When this loosens up, this in effect makes the diameter of the pelvis a larger space for the baby to negotiate during labor. i didn't have it with my 1st one but now I sure do!
    Anonymous

• Baby's getting into position, and settling into your pelvis. Mine hurt like hell for the last several weeks of my pregnancy. Do you have one of those birthing/exercise balls at home? I used to sit and rock on that a lot, because it helped open up my pelvis, and took some of the pressure off. Also, try doing some pelvic tilts (on all fours, arching and rounding your back). Sitting up or moving or rolling over in bed were horrid, and I'm sure it was comical to watch. It's very normal. Hang in there, you're almost there! =)
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 11:18 PM on Jan. 29, 2009