HCG diet

has anyone taken the HCG VLCD diet? if you have, did it work for you?

trystons_mommy

Asked by trystons_mommy at 3:36 PM on Jun. 4, 2012 in Diet & Fitness

• my best friend did the HCG and she lost 35 lbs. Anytime you're eating 500 calories a day you are going to drop weight quickly. The problem is within 3 months of going off half the weighjt was back on. In a year all the weight is back plus 10 more pounds. Drink lots of water, lean proteins, non saturated fats and tons of veggies with some fruit. Exercise 3 times a week at least once should be cardio. There is no magic pill or shot. Just good old fashioned discipline.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 3:42 PM on Jun. 4, 2012

• DH & i took HCG drops w/ the VLCD and lost weight. i lost 20 & DH lost 25 back in February. ive gained back 5 and DH has continued to lose (he's better about exercising haha). you lose the weight fast but if you dont keep up with diet & exercise afterward you will gain the weight back. we think of it more as a mental reset than anything. it helps take your mind off of mindless eating and really focus on whats going into your body.

if you arent obese tho, dont bother. this is not a way to lose vanity lbs b/c you will gain those back. rather its a way for really fat ppl to lose weight if they are willing to do the work to keep it off. you back lash for more than a day or two and you're screwed.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 3:52 PM on Jun. 4, 2012

• I would NOT touch this diet. You couldn't pay me enough. ANYONE who eats 500 calories a day will lose some weight, but chances are tha when you start eating like you should again -you will gain it back.
    I had a friend who was determined to lose 15 lbs and got the shots from her doctor. The first 2 or 3 days were ok- but after that she said she started feeling sick and whatnot, to the point where she decided to stop taking the HCG.

The side effects of this stuff are not pretty- you should really research it and see.

I have been fighting wight for many years and I am now eating within my BMR- drinking a lot more water-and working out every day. I have lost 20 lbs so far. It takes time and effort, but I want to do it right this time
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 4:14 PM on Jun. 4, 2012

• By far the stupidest diet gimmick out there. My father's girlfriend does it and yes she loses weight but anyone would who is eating 500 calories a day. There is absolutely no science behind the HCG portion of it ...at least that I can find.
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 7:18 PM on Jun. 7, 2012

• It's really pretty simple to lose weight.....eat 4 or 5 small meals that add up to 300 or 400 calories per meal. Don't drink your calories and exercise at least 30 min a day 5 or 6 days a week. Stay away from the processed stuff as much as possible.
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 7:21 PM on Jun. 7, 2012

• Wow-- never heard of it - but from the comments I think I will check it out, too!
    isismoon3

Answer by isismoon3 at 3:31 PM on Jul. 27, 2012

• I tried this diet in 2010. Lost 30 lbs quick! As soon as I stopped the diet I gained it all right back plus some. And I felt like death. I now use and promote It Works products. I am down 108 lbs as of today. The weight is staying off and I am so much healthier! I feel great. If you want to see my pictures, results, and more info I have a blog at www.pamknowsitworks.blogspot.com
    sunnydsmommy

Answer by sunnydsmommy at 12:38 AM on Jul. 29, 2012

• I did the HCG shots while taking appetite suppresants to fight the hunger and not eating more than 650 calories a day.

Went ot the DR. and weighed in weekly. This got to be expensive and if I did not take the appetite suppresants, I was starving. After I finished the 45 days of nightly shots, I stopped.

I have gained at least half of my weight back!

I have found a low cost awesome program and I am not hungry, taste great and losing weight!!!!!

You can join me in my 90 day challenge to lose 20 lbs in my 90 days!!!!

Email me if you want any information.abeery1@tampabay.rr.com

Ami
    abthirtyone

Answer by abthirtyone at 12:11 PM on Aug. 24, 2012