Clarification on the Ten Commandments

Okay, My SS (age 10) told me that he learned in church that one of the ten commandments is not having sex before marriage. Now, I'm not a Christian and it's been a while since I read the bible or went to any sort of service (I did as a child), but I was fairly certain that was an incorrect statement. So I looked it up online and I found no such commandment. I am thinking he confused it with Thou Shalt Not Commit Adultery, since that has to do with sex and marriage. But since I admit I could be way off on the whole thing, can someone who knows their "stuff" please clarify it for me and him.

PROGENITOR

Asked by PROGENITOR at 10:11 PM on Jan. 29, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• You are right. Some teachers with the age they are at suggest it could mean that, b/c simple reason teacher may feel uncomfortable bringing it up b/c of divorces and other things kiddos have been through. But you are right here. Course, I wish ppl could just tell it like it is and not refrase things, course teacher might not have and him just confused it
    Anyways quit rambling now, you are right. Though shall not commit adultry!
    lovinmomto3

Answer by lovinmomto3 at 10:16 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• I dont think that its in the Ten Comandments, but in the Bible it does say it.
    Anonymous

• The bible does say no sex before marriage, but Im not sure if it is a commandment
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 10:16 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• That was probably it. Some teachers try to give examples of the commandments and she may have used that. Its not necessarily correct, but its been known to happen where they give examples that are similar in their minds, but thay dont always realize that parents dont agree with
    jhj4ever

Answer by jhj4ever at 10:18 PM on Jan. 29, 2009