Cant sleep

My SO is a cop, EMT-B, and works security at a childrens hospital. I hear stories of horrible things all the time. Now watching the news there was a 1 year old that died this morning. I am worried if I don't stay up all night and watch my 5 month old sleep something will happen to her... Anyone else going through this

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:26 PM on Jan. 29, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• With my first daughter, she wouldn't sleep on her back, so we had to put her on her tummy to bed. We decided that if God wanted her, he was going to take her no matter how she slept because it's out of your control. Tell yourself something to that extent and maybe you will find yourself not worrying so much and just accepting that whatever happens, happens.
    Anonymous

• Youknow whats. I love and trust God, but unfortunately that though does not make me feel better!! lol thanks anyway Anon 1030
    jhj4ever

Answer by jhj4ever at 10:33 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• Do you have a video monitor? I find that helps ease my mind. Whenever I wake up I just look and I can see that he's okay.
    Anonymous

• no just a sound one
    jhj4ever

Answer by jhj4ever at 10:38 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• At 5 months old you should be okay with out having to worry about Sids or anything like that as long as she can lift her head and crys when shes uncomfertable and there is nothing in bed with her she should be okay but if you still finding yourself staying awake to watch her try moving her crib in your room so she really close by so when you wake up thinking about it all you have to do is look over at her and see that she's okay I hope I helped out in some way
    1SkylersMommy1

Answer by 1SkylersMommy1 at 1:21 AM on Jan. 30, 2009