Can you vote if you don't like any of the candidates?

What I mean is if you don't like any of the presidential candidates but are wanting to cast your ballot for the rest of the races is your ballot still counted if you don't choose a president? I want to cast for local races, but I don't like Mitt Romney or President Obama.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:17 PM on Jun. 4, 2012 in Politics & Current Events

• Yes it will still be counted even if you leave the pres section blank.

You can also choose a third party candidate for president too.
    hillary819

Answer by hillary819 at 6:28 PM on Jun. 4, 2012

• Write in someone you do like.
    BrawnwynII

Answer by BrawnwynII at 6:23 PM on Jun. 4, 2012

• I honestly don't know. Can you calling your state registrar and find out?
    BrawnwynII

Answer by BrawnwynII at 6:29 PM on Jun. 4, 2012

• Write in Ron Paul - he's the only one who can and will change the course we are on.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 7:35 PM on Jun. 4, 2012

• I dont like either one either
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 8:26 PM on Jun. 4, 2012

• yes they count whatever you vote on...it shouldnt matter if you leave President blank. im with you i may leave it blank this year too.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 10:50 PM on Jun. 4, 2012

• Yes, I believe so. Though honestly, you might as well pick the lesser of 2 evils at that point.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 6:20 PM on Jun. 4, 2012

• If I don't choose one or write one it, will it not count? I don't want to be responsible for choosing a bad president. I already don't think President Obama knows what he is doing and I don't think I would want Mitt Romney either. I don't want to write in a name, but if that is the only way to make my votes for local races count I might could consider it.

Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:27 PM on Jun. 4, 2012

• hehe. Ron Paul.
    Are you calling me a troll, FreeForAll?

hillary819, I don't like the third party candidates either.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:31 PM on Jun. 4, 2012

• How badly do you NOT want Obama. Because really that is what it is going to come down to. Really I mean who is going to win it will be either Obama or Romney. If one does not vote at all, or votes for a third party, you might as well vote for Obama. But if you don't want Obama at all for the next 4 long years, then you have no other choice but to vote for Romney. I don't want Romney, but I don't need more of Obama's endless spending either. Should we choose a new president who may or may not follow in Obama's footsteps or to continue the craziness of which is Obama. I would rather take that chance and see if Romney will stop the spending.

TBandNCmommy

Answer by TBandNCmommy at 6:32 PM on Jun. 4, 2012