I'm having a psychic moment ---------what do you think?

Okay, I did not vote for Obama. But I do like him as a person. He is such a fantastic speaker.

Anyway, I'm having a feeling, premonition, an inkling, a psychic moment or whatever, that he will have a "wakeup call" and NOT sign the freedom of choice act.

I just see him as a good father, a leader trying to do his best, and I think he will realize how heartless it will be to sign that act and change his mind.

He just looks too nice to do so much evil to our country you know?

I hope I'm right.

I predict he will not sign it after all.

Anyone think I might be correct?

Also, I think if he sees this video he might have a change of heart, you know:

http://www.catholicvote.com/

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:02 PM on Jan. 29, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I hope you're right.

I think it might be hard to wakeup everyday knowing you were responsible for helping someone kill their baby. They're predicting 100,000ish more abortions will be performed each year because of it.
    Anonymous

• I hope you are wrong because I would hate to see what other constitutional rights people like you would take away just because it doesn't fit YOUR religion.

Anonymous

• He is a President of the U.S not a doctor. When you want to do something about then go and do. i HOPE HE WILL SIGN the bill.
    Anonymous

• i predict you are right:) and he won't end up signing it!!
    rachelle1116

Answer by rachelle1116 at 11:06 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• Yeah a guy who was the only one in Illinois to speak against legislation to prohibit the killing of live babies born after abortion (i.e. infanticide) is going to come to Jesus (Allah?) and veto the FOCA?

Miracles do happen, but I would be SHOCKED!!!!
    Anonymous

So, should we not take the rights away from child molesters just because of religious beliefs?

Its not a reliigious issue its a CIVIL RIGHTS issue.  The rights of babies - african americans, whites, hispanics, etc who haven't been born yet.  It's also a WOMEN'S RIGHTS issue, for women who haven't been born yet.

Anonymous

• you can feel one way about an issue personally and still feel the complete opposite about that same issue politically.

i'm so tired of debating people when it comes to FOCA. can you use the search function? i mean, are you capable of using it? do you know how?
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 11:12 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• I predict he won't sign it because he promised it was the "first thing he'd do as president."

Well obviously that was wrong.

I don't think he'll sign it, at least not in these four years because most people won't vote for him again if he does.
    Anonymous

• anon 11:13, perhaps you're not familiar with the democratic platform--being pro-choice is a part of that. this is not an issue that will change voters minds, at least not people who already voted for him.
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 11:15 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• The FOCA is more than just preserving "women's rights". It will even rescind reasonable State restrictions on abortion, like parental notification and could impact laws against partial-birth abortion on viable infants.

Sorry but if my minor daughter can't go in for an ingrown toenail to be removed without my knowledge and consent, she sure as hell better not be able to have an abortion without my knowledge and consent.

The Feds are into every bit of our business as it is, let states decide and then you can decide to live in a pro-life or pro-abortion state, whatever you choose!
    Anonymous