My best friends property is supposed to be auctioned today... (help)

I find this odd... is it?

1) both BOA and Frannie Mae are claiming they can't stop the auction because it is the other who is proceeding
2)We can not find a listing for her property anywhere... We have googled her address- searcher her counties listing- searched several private listing... no where

Ideas?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:07 AM on Jun. 5, 2012 in Home & Garden

• Sheriff's department? Sometimes they run the auctions.
    BrawnwynII

Answer by BrawnwynII at 9:11 AM on Jun. 5, 2012

• I've seen places around here with the auction sign in the yard months before the auction. One place was auctioned last November, and the sign was up in July.

The part about two of them saying they can't do anything because the other one is doing it....that doesn't surprise me. Banks never know what's going on anymore, they just want their money one way or another.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 9:23 AM on Jun. 5, 2012

• I don't really know how it works but aren't they supposed to put something in the paper about it?

There was a farm auctioned in my town a year or so ago and there was an auction sign in the yard a good two weeks before it happened.
    BrawnwynII

Answer by BrawnwynII at 9:16 AM on Jun. 5, 2012

• Here the auctions are done at the court house. There is a notice put in the paper a few days ahead of the auction but there are no signs or listings for the house. I can believe that BOA and Fannie Mae are pointing the fingers at each other as both are so big the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing much less the hands on another body.
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 1:30 PM on Jun. 5, 2012

• I'll check and see- thanks
    just trying to figure out if this is even real. KWIM? they have been messing with them for a while now...
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:14 AM on Jun. 5, 2012

• see there is no sign- no listing we can find- just a letter from the bank and the banks lawyer saying it is to happen today if they don't do this that and the other... which they have tried to do but they say they do not meet the finachial critiria for a modification- but they should...
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:20 AM on Jun. 5, 2012

• Not sure how it works in your state but for a trustee's sale, a buyer must show up with cash. If it doesn't sell, then it proceeds into foreclosure.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 2:59 PM on Jun. 5, 2012

• This happened to my brother a few years ago. His house was sold sight unseen at auction while he was at work. He had made every house pmyt. It was set up to be automatically withdrawn from his acct but someone at the bank had rerouted the pmty to go to their acct. and changed the address so he wasn't getting notices from the mortgage company. It was horrible!!! He just got a callf rom his nieghbors when he was at work that a moving truck was there and he raced home. The cops physically restrained him and said the house was sold and it was no longer his. He never stepped foot in that house again. It is still tied up in court and it has been about 4 yrs!!!
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 9:31 AM on Jun. 12, 2012

• County tax office?
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 4:06 PM on Jun. 13, 2012