Book loving, avid reading moms, do you ever...

Read the last page or chapter first? Lol, my crazy mom, the person who helped develop my intense love of books, has an odd habit of reading the end first. I have no idea why - she's just kookie.

I do not. Unless the book is really boring and I can't imagine getting through it unless I know the end gets better.

Tesserae

Asked by Tesserae at 11:32 AM on Jun. 5, 2012 in Hobbies & Crafts

• I don't ever do this. I really don't understand it. If the book is boring at the beginning I don't care how it ends.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 11:33 AM on Jun. 5, 2012

• Never. I like to let the story unfold, and be surprised.
    o0orange0o

Answer by o0orange0o at 11:33 AM on Jun. 5, 2012

• I have never done that! I just couldn't, that is really weird to me.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 11:33 AM on Jun. 5, 2012

• absolutely weird. i said she was kooky =)
    Tesserae

Comment by Tesserae (original poster) at 11:34 AM on Jun. 5, 2012

• Never!!!
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 11:36 AM on Jun. 5, 2012

• I never ever do this but I have known people who do. What's the point, lol?
    BrawnwynII

Answer by BrawnwynII at 11:36 AM on Jun. 5, 2012

• I have done it once or twice. I don't make a habit of it. They were both books that were recommended and they took FOREVER to get interesting. They were both worth the read, just don't remember the names of the books.
    coala

Answer by coala at 11:37 AM on Jun. 5, 2012

• Back in high school I'd read the first chapter of a book, then the last page, then the rest of the book. Why? I couldn't tell you now. I don't do that anymore though.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 11:44 AM on Jun. 5, 2012

• I never do. That spoils what could possibly be a good book.
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 11:48 AM on Jun. 5, 2012

• No i've never done that, I have occasionally skipped a chapter or two if the book is really hard to get through, or like in The Game of Thrones series where each chapter is about one character, I will be really into that character's story so skip ahead to the next chapter on them (usually several chapters ahead) but then always come back to where i was... kwim? Oooh and I really used to like those "Choose your own adventure" books when I was a kid, kinda the same thing where you have to jump around alot to get through the story then you can always go back and choose a different path or ending LOL
    DreainCO

Answer by DreainCO at 11:48 AM on Jun. 5, 2012