Book loving, avid reading moms, do you ever...

Read the last page or chapter first? Lol, my crazy mom, the person who helped develop my intense love of books, has an odd habit of reading the end first. I have no idea why - she's just kookie.

I do not. Unless the book is really boring and I can't imagine getting through it unless I know the end gets better.

Tesserae

Asked by Tesserae at 11:32 AM on Jun. 5, 2012 in Hobbies & Crafts

• "Choose your own adventure" books when I was a kid, kinda the same thing where you have to jump around alot to get through the story then you can always go back and choose a different path or ending LOL

-------------------------

That is so NOT the same thing! LOL
    Tesserae

Comment by Tesserae (original poster) at 11:50 AM on Jun. 5, 2012

• If a book is super intense or a great character is hanging by a thread, sometimes Ill look ahead to see if they made it or not.... idont do suspnse well. Lol
    Nimue930

Answer by Nimue930 at 11:53 AM on Jun. 5, 2012

---------------
    me too!! I hate suspense, I'm guilty of that as well.
    Tesserae

Comment by Tesserae (original poster) at 11:59 AM on Jun. 5, 2012

• No I don't. I force myself to read books even if I'm not liking it because I hate to leave it unfinished.
    glam.fairy

Answer by glam.fairy at 12:41 PM on Jun. 5, 2012

• No way- hello, Spoiler Alert! lol :p
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 1:08 PM on Jun. 5, 2012

• Nope. I want to enjoy finding things out in order, not knowing what's going to happen next. Or to be reading and thinking "well, I know she buys a house at the end, so obviously she survives this butcher knife wielding madman." That would make the book boring to me.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 1:34 PM on Jun. 5, 2012

• I've only done that a couple of times, & it was when I was reading a book I really couldn't stand.
    IheartTea

Answer by IheartTea at 7:48 PM on Jun. 5, 2012

• Nope. I do not and if the book is boring I just quit reading it.
    horsesteelers

Answer by horsesteelers at 12:25 AM on Jun. 6, 2012

• No way! That would spoil the whole point of reading the book and the suspense.
    momof3inTN

Answer by momof3inTN at 11:36 PM on Jun. 7, 2012

• No ... I read mostly thriller type books and reading the ending would ruin the rest of the book.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 7:09 AM on Jun. 10, 2012